JDM DC5 Type r and USDM RSX Type s Interchangeable Parts

Fallout460

Hey just wanted to get some information on weather the Suspension parts, Engine mounts Steering Rod ends etc... are interchangeable between these two models? Thanks...

Altecians

Advanced Member
Being over here in the UK, someone might have seen a Type S before but its highly unlikely.
I'd imagine nearly everything is interchangeable but it just depends what you are looking to do?

Altecians

Advanced Member
So just to clairfy you want to see if type R tie rods fit on and RSX?

From what I understand its the taper and size that is the area of concern. But again from what I understand RSXs cant run ep3 tie rod ends which is the same problem with DC5Rs, it is very possible that we have the same tie rod ends. Would you be able to get a measurement to confirm?

Also depending on what needs replacing you can get the boot itself as opposed to the whole tie rod end.

This forum (http://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance/345044-em2-dc5-ep3-suspension-compatibility.html) seems to go abit more indepth about rsx suspension and interchangability. It seems to point in the direction that they will fit.
Take a measurement and Im sure someone here can do the same for their R. (I'm currently out of the country).

Hope this helps.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Fallout460 said:
I wanna change the steering rod ends.. But only finding RSX parts.
These are beefier on a DC5 more so than an RSX, i looked at the RSX ones for mine. They will work but not as good. Stick with DC5 ones if I were you.

RSX's are pretty much the same other than suspension, Honda perfected the type R suspension. I'm talking sway bars, control arms, tie rods etc. Coilovers and springs are the same though and will fit.