Jenson Button test drives the Civic Type R prototype

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
I still like it. :D :D

As its a 4dr saloon looks like its trying to compete with evos and scoobys.

Anyone know if its going to be 4WD??

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Hopefully cheaper insurance with the four doors... :D

Im sure it would be a little easier to convince/blag the missus and tell her its a family car!

Would make suitable replacement for Team Halfords in BTCC

Evs

Advanced Member
I really like them - especially the lights. Not bothered about the extra doors tbh.

I expect they'll use the UKDM Civic hatch in BTCC though.

Project

Advanced Member
One thing you guys gotta remember is that when the Uk comes to release the new CTR that it wont come in CW paint and everything else will be watered down just like the japanese have always done; they'll be keeping the best for themselves.

teg_chris

That looks amazing i hope it makes it to production and actualy looks like that.......but whats the betting it'll never be released in the uk and it'll be import only like the dc5 if it ever is released.

Evs

Advanced Member
Project said:
One thing you guys gotta remember is that when the Uk comes to release the new CTR that it wont come in CW paint
So I've heard - fantastic news! \:D/ xthumbup :D

Not sure what the plans are for importing the four door but I much prefer it to the three/five door. I hope they don't import it and then I'll probably get one... :-k :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
not sure about that, its nice, and will prob grow on me, but its nothing special or head turning imho..................

can see the teg resemblance though!

kingston

Advanced Member
its already here but not in the type r form but in hybrid form.

Also it doesnt look as good in the flesh as it does the pics (i know as ive seen one in london)

tedg

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Project said:
One thing you guys gotta remember is that when the Uk comes to release the new CTR that it wont come in CW paint
So I've heard - fantastic news! \:D/ xthumbup :D

Not sure what the plans are for importing the four door but I much prefer it to the three/five door. I hope they don't import it and then I'll probably get one... :-k :wink:
i second this

nut it looks a bit tame to me - all that weight :roll:

conoroneill

Advanced Member
I love the way Button used a bit of unnecessary heel to toe braking in an attempt to emphasise that he's a professional racing driver :roll:

Why don't they use Barrichello for these things? He's the more experienced and much more successful of the two.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Come on Evs. It was hardly a race win. It was a combination of front runner retirement and strategical fluke that resulted in him being in first position on the final lap.

Having said that it was a steady drive but shouldn't every driver's race on that sort of salary be just that?

I'd love to see someone who could challenge for the title at Honda. The drivers are a pair of wing men and most of the design and management team are 'yes men'.

Lewis Hamilton will put Button to shame and assume the mantle of top British driver in F1.

Bit of a tangent there -

I'm not too sure about that CTR. It looks like the lovechild of a DC5 and an Accord...