Joined the Dark Side Turbo 431Bhp!

beppe786

Beppe
miki1212 said:
nice.. seems a high hp figure for such low boost, but not much torque though???
Car took to turbo really well.. i was suprised at figure aswell compared to my supercharged car at 8psi only made 285bhp shows how inefficient charger was.. or my engine is super healthy.. if i had a choice i would lower torque even more as that's what will wear everything out not the hp.. i know it wont last a lifetime but pretty sure wont break if driven right and maintained.

You guys should look at 10k racing other build's s2000 turboed 3 years ago on stock engine making 476bhp still running today no problems..

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
does it matter then whether its turbo or SC? surely 8psi is 8psi regardless of what produces it, i know a SC will take a small amount of power to drive it though, and turbo intake temps would probably be a bit lower...

i tried looking them up and could only find 10 kilometer runs! guessing they dont have a website?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It's crazy power and I've never been in a high powered car before like this but do you think it's perhaps a bit too much power? Also how are you going to keep that much power down Beppe?

beppe786

Beppe
Crazylegs said:
It's crazy power and I've never been in a high powered car before like this but do you think it's perhaps a bit too much power? Also how are you going to keep that much power down Beppe?
it's only at 9psi so should be ok.. lol will setup boost by gear if needed later on..

Check details on Garage786/10k racing is part of that, here link for more videos and other builds https://www.facebook.com/G786Racing/?fref=ts

beppe786

Beppe
Jonnyteg said:
Very nice Beppe, do you plan on improving the DC5 1/4 mile record?
only way of measuring how fast your car is yeah i'm gonna aim to get in the 11s

but more chance of breaking stuff with slicks!

MrRy

Advanced Member
Yes! There needs to be more turbo builds - it's the way forward and has been that way for a long time. Tech with turbochargers just keeps getting better. With the right setup, you will see more power, more reliability, more economy and very, very little difference in traction compared to a supercharger.

When the time comes, I will probably buy a turbo DC5 and tuck mine away as a mint, fairly standard example.

BBG would be needed if you required more power in higher gears. BBG was one of the best bits from my old setup.

Look forward to hearing your feedback. :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
NA for me and always will be. It's all about your desired application though so certainly not against the boosted route but if I was to take a teg round a fast A or B road and drive at 85-90% I'd take my 270 all motor any day. I just know id end up in a hedge with 400 at the wheels lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

MrRy

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
NA for me and always will be. It's all about your desired application though so certainly not against the boosted route but if I was to take a teg round a fast A or B road and drive at 85-90% I'd take my 270 all motor any day. I just know id end up in a hedge with 400 at the wheels lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
Choose your power levels with a turbo build. Take my DC2 Turbo for example. On the road, I almost always left it in low boost mode between late autumn and early spring, so making around 220WHP - then I'd hit a button, just out of sight on the dash, and instantly it's into high boost mode - set at only 285WHP but could have done a lot more if it wasn't a standard engine. So easy just to have a road mode and a track/quarter mile mode with a turbo setup.

integraleo

Advanced Member
My turbo dc2 was only 320hp at 8.7 psi many years ago and was amazing fun!! I miss it. However drivability was definitely compromised, anything other than bone dry conditions would result in wheel spin coming out of junctions.I can only imagine what an extra 100hp does.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
My turbo dc2 was only 320hp at 8.7 psi many years ago and was amazing fun!! I miss it. However drivability was definitely compromised, anything other than bone dry conditions would result in wheel spin coming out of junctions.I can only imagine what an extra 100hp does.
Only! Ha ha!!

beppe786

Beppe
integraleo said:
dc2 is 50kg lighter i had an Dc2 with dc5 engine/gearbox swap with Rotrex running on it at 10psi was running around 320bhp / the 5 puts power down well..

To help with Traction i've had new coilovers changed with preloads/damping adjusted to get maximum traction..

integraleo

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Only! Ha ha!!
All relative I guess lol. My turbo dc2 was quicker than my charged dc5 but the charged 5 puts the power down better. On a b road blast in the DC2 I had to attack every corner a gear up on what I used to but the charged 5 I can attack the corners the same as when it was NA

integraleo

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
dc2 is 50kg lighter i had an Dc2 with dc5 engine/gearbox swap with Rotrex running on it at 10psi was running around 320bhp / the 5 puts power down well..

To help with Traction i've had new coilovers changed with preloads/damping adjusted to get maximum traction..
Dc2 was 100kg lighter I had the 96 spec jdm at 1060kg

jrscho

Advanced Member
This means business!! Can't wait to see your comparison between sc and turbo. Really want a turbo also... Should be fun to drive!

Are you keeping the mugen front bumper? Curious to what you've got planned now :D