Joining the DC5 owners club

yn08_teg

Hello all,

I thought I would introduce myself as I'm new to the forum.

So I'm a completely new DC5 owner (or soon to be)! The car arrived in England yesterday from Japan, which is a big moment as the car was actually purchased at auction at the beginning of February.

Admittedly, it will be another month before I get my hands on the keys due to registration, MOT and sorting out insurance etc. Nonetheless, I'm unbelievably excited for the day to arrive when I pick it up.

The car is being imported through Torque GT and is a pre-facelift Championship White car with the Black interior. The car also has some subtle modifications, although the full extent of these will be determined when the car arrives in Devon.

As I'm new to the DC5 game, is there anything that I should be wary of, or consider getting done whilst the car is in Devon?

I am getting the audio sorted out (already posted in the I.C.E section) having the car undersealed, de-limited and an alarm/immobiliser fitted.

Some repair work on some aftermarket gauges, or complete removal, should they be deemed broken, will also be carried out.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum!

Richard

yn08_teg

Midnight said:
Hoegh Trapper by any chance?
Indeed, I have been keeping an eye on the ship although didn't check it's whereabouts yesterday when it was due to arrive. I was advised the car would be down in Devon by the end of the week.

It seems like you're undergoing a very similar journey to me! :xgrin:

Gordydc5 - thanks for that, I will ask them to check!

DC5Adam

Welcome Richard

Just to pre-warn you it may take a little longer than 4 weeks, I'm waiting for the call to pick up mine and spoke to Darren the other day and he said it's looking more like mid to late may as they are crazy busy as well as the DVLA being on the slow side with the paperwork.

Fingers crossed the time passes quickly for ya dude!

yn08_teg

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I was hoping to get mine by the end of May, but it does seem like they are really busy, what with Japfest and the bank holiday as well.

Unfortunately I think it might be pushed back to June, but not to worry. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

The DVLA are notoriously slow, but seem to be dragging their heels more lately!