JRSC for DC5

Chris_EK4

Hi, I've decided that supercharging the DC5 is the way forward, I'm sorry for any ignorance but I haven't looked into the exacts needed for a JRSC setup, I am SORN'ing the ITR in a month when the Tax runs out for the winter and Supercharging it in the spring, but will be building up the parts needed in the mean time ready for early next year, could someone please list the parts required, ie, Injectors, pump, rail etc etc, would be greatly appreciated, also where to source the charger and intercooler? (I believe you can intercool the DC5) as I'm having trouble finding one for sale anywhere,

Thanks for any info :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
You want what I want. Problem is they rarely come up second hand anymore and as far as I'm aware they don't make them anymore

Chris_EK4

Thanks guys :) I'm already following you beppe according to instagram!

I'm keeping all options open may go cam route instead haven't decided yet!

FireDance

Advanced Member
Call TGM, TDi North, Eurospec, etc and ask them if they can source one new

Or if you want Rotrex, call TTS

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Eurospec do a Rotrex SC kit but it's like 6k to get it done, ridiculous price but then again you will have around 400 odd brake.

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
What I was meaning was to source it direct rather than paying a premium for one.

Importing one from the USA would cost far less for example, finding the place to buy is a nightmare.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I eventually got mine second hand by placing an add on ctro. A guy on there had a dc5 one that he was willing to sell with injectors and uprated pulley. I added full charge cooler kit from merc racing in America along with thier auto tensioner bracket. I didn't know I had to have smaller power steering pulley and when shutting the bonnet put dent in it! Pulley was 200 quid from cpl!!! Bloody rip off.

jpstyper

Advanced Member
I got mine secondhand from usa and the guy i bought it off said they had been discontinued but im not sure on this and it took me a while to find it lots of trawling the web but it all paid off in the end

FireDance

Advanced Member
https://jacksonracing.com/about-us/

Oscar has been developing the Rotrex since 2005. The JRSC is old technology & the DC5 is now an old car so finding the JRSC is hard.

Oscar is a really nice bloke, went to lunch with me a couple of times years ago when he was over here developing his Big Boost kit for the ST170.

I think it is a case of keep looking. Maybe contact Jackson Racing directly to see if they can help? I am sure Ieread on here earlier someone is importing parts from Hybrid, maybe he could help you source one?

beppe786

Beppe
it has been discontinued as jackson have gone to rotrex kits...

people still love the blower eaton jackson they say the power delivery is nothing like turbo or rotrex

goodluck finding one.. as atom k20 use it and also lotus..

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
I think im going to import the rotrex charger, I can get the full kit capable of 450bp for £1800.