JRSC vs Rotrex

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Thinking of getting a supercharger after I have kpro fitted.

What's the best SC for a daily car? Pros and cons of both? And what do you need to know when having one installed etc.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Doesn't the rotrex allow more power where as the jrsc is limited to a maximum of around 330bhp

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I read on here just after I posted this that you loose your air con with Rotrex, no thanks! By no means do I plan on having my car stripped or track based and loosing essential daily comforts like that.

Thanks for all the links crazylegs I appreciate it :) shall start having a read through them all now.

Think I'm going to go for k100 as it's a cheaper option and I can't really justify spending the extra buck just for a USB port? I don't know why you'd need it anyway.

I have a Spoon manifold on at the moment but almost certain on changing it to the buddy club 4-2-1 then I was thinking of a Spoon B pipe with OEM back box but I probably need to ditch the OEM back box if I'm charging it I guess.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
With K-pro you can data log (an engine health check), error finding, launch control, traction control, v-tec calibrations, updates etc...

With the latest update, they made a new feature called "Full throttle shift" , which i am in the middle of setting up right now.

With K100, you can do nothing.

integraleo

Advanced Member
K100 has launch control and once optimal vtec position has been determined on a rolling road there is no point in changing it. As for full throttle shifting,no thanks you can have that

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
You don't necessarily loose your air on with the rotrex if you go for the kit that places the charger at the top of the engine. However the thing that swayed it for me was that you would loose the hydraulic power steering as it'd be in the way. Therefor loosing the whole mechanical feel of the car.
The rotrex kit also generally generates larger boost pressures which I felt would shorten the life of the engine. The race kit for the jrsc only generates 7psi of boost. I found that the jrsc was the better application for me wanting reliability but I'm sure a rotrex charged car would be quicker.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I've been reading about the topic and speaking to a couple of people in the know the majority of the time since I posted this and I think I'm going to go for a JRSC with a custom 3 inch exhaust a seems a better option for a road car.

And kpro as opposed to k100, the fault reader is worth it IMO.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
How do you switch between them? The only real question I have left is is there any noise to keep the whine down?

Or is it only when you really put your foot down? I'm not a massive fan of the sound

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
I read on here just after I posted this that you loose your air con with Rotrex, no thanks! By no means do I plan on having my car stripped or track based and loosing essential daily comforts like that. .
Yea mean you actually use your A/C!?

I'd happily get rid if mine in a heart beat if it wouldn't affect the resale value.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I went for the rotrex over the Jackson, from what i had looked up online you can get more psi from the Rotrex and the air is cooler. There is no noise off the Rotrex really, you do loose the SC but in Ireland it made no difference to me, we don't get the weather to need it. With regard resale you just have to replace the aircon before you sell it again

beppe786

Beppe
LewisK20 said:
How do you switch between them? The only real question I have left is is there any noise to keep the whine down?

Or is it only when you really put your foot down? I'm not a massive fan of the sound
sounds the best thing... need a laptop to change maps

Lewis93

Advanced Member
What's the reason for ditching the air con? Mechanically why does the rotrex get rid of it I mean.

And when you say it gets rid of air con is that just the cold air? Not the heater also? Sorry that's a bit of a noob question!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
The rotrex bolts onto where the Aircon pump is. so you remove the aircon pump and plug in the rotrex charger. Yes it just gets rid of the cooled air, the heater still works, The cold air still works but its not cooled down, so its just the same as a car that has a heater and cooler but not "air conditioning"

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Not as drastic change as I was thinking then, maybe Rotrex would be a better option for me as I'm not keen on the noise and it makes more power.