J's circuit muffler / spoon 4-2-1 manifold

jim106

Thinking bout getting myself the J's circuit muffler 70rr exhaust and spoon 4-2-1 manifold, Are these two compatible? Also just ordered myself gruppe m :D

JDC5

Charged DC5
hey mate

where did you get ur gruppe m from? im lookin to buy one aswell

you got a site.. or number? how much did you pay?

Cheers mate

Jimmy

JDC5

Charged DC5
cheers guys

but i swear i saw some1 said they was goin for abt £380...

anywhere cheaper?

lol

JD

Project

Advanced Member
the image shown is one for the B-series engine, spoon only have a 4-2 then 2-1 manifold.
Dont think you realise just how loud this system would be, if im not wrong you wont pass any track day db limits unless its an open level :lol:

Frank

Advanced Member
The image on the link is only for illustration, if you read the info its for the K20 engine.

Project

Advanced Member
hmmm :? wierd, never seen or heard of a 4-2-1 spoon manifold for the K20A, wonder why they dont have a picture.

corbie

Advanced Member
The 70RR already has a 2 - 1 section, so you only need the Spoon 4 - 2 or the stock 4 -2 .

it is quite loud especially if you have ITB's.

Will be a PIA when it comes to MOT time as you will need to swap the whole thing off and not just the manifold. :!:

Frank

Advanced Member
Is the J's 2-1 pipe not an extra £500 on top of the exhaust? :?

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Im guessing you dont have any motorway driving or long distance trips to do, if you do, I wouldnt advise this setup as it is insanly loud and will give you a headache after a while

jim106

decided against the idea now, going for the Toda mani and hks exhaust. save myself some cash for k-pro :) :) :D

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
ally_mac said:
Im guessing you dont have any motorway driving or long distance trips to do, if you do, I wouldnt advise this setup as it is insanly loud and will give you a headache after a while
Honestly I can't agree with this statement, maybe for some people it would, but I have driven around with my non-resonated Amuse that has a gutted out rear canister(no sound deadening at all) and Toda manifold and never get tired of the noise or get a headache and my car is fully gutted in the rear. I am stepping up to the 70RR, just waiting on delivery right now and I don't forsee it being much louder if at all to what my current setup is.