J's Racing 60r

ChrisMcC

Hello All,
I am considering swapping out my Spoon n1 for a J's Racing 60r and I have a couple of questions.

I have heard it mentioned that the quality and fitment is poor, could anyone comment? Should I get the J's hangers to go with the exhaust and might this be the reason people have mentioned the fitment issues if they have tried fitting with the standard hangers?

I have the spoon b pipe - will the 60r will mate ok to this?

Many thanks, Chris.

spooke

Advanced Member
  1. I have heard it mentioned that the quality and fitment is poor, could anyone comment? Should I get the J's hangers to go with the exhaust and might this be the reason people have mentioned the fitment issues if they have tried fitting with the standard hangers?

I've not fitted my 60R yet, but I know two others who have had recent batches and they have fitted fine - I think the J's Racing rubber mounts are just stronger.
  2. I have the spoon b pipe - will the 60r will mate ok to this?

The 60R only fits with the OEM B-Pipe, so you'll either have to get your Spoon B-Pipe or 60R modified to fit. I think the 60RS on the other hand will fit but I'm unsure if you can get it seperate from the J's Racing B-Pipe

ktm108

Advanced Member
I have recently bought the 60rs system and I had to modify the rear bumper where the exhaust tip comes out as it was close up in behind and melted it slightly... That's with the j's hangers as well... All is sorted now and you can't tell that I have done anything... Can't complain about the quality of the system tho!! Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Can't really comment

But my logic is if spoon b pipe and back box is interchangeable with oem then why won't this fit the spoon b pipe?

spooke

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Can't really comment

But my logic is if spoon b pipe and back box is interchangeable with oem then why won't this fit the spoon b pipe?
If that's the case then there's no reason why it won't? I wasn't aware of that. I only know that the 60R only fits to OEM and the 60RS fits to the J's Racing B-Pipe and possibly others.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
you will need the j's rubber hangers as the oem ones will give you an awful fit if it will even fit, as they are different, two for the back box and 1 for the b-pipe.

In regards to fitment as above js stuff is made to order and done in batches so some times it's spot on sometimes it's off, this is one of the reasons for stuff like exhausts, sometimes it's best to go with a an supplier like the guys we have on this forum and sumo power.

I bought the hole cat back system 60rs and had to adjust the back box hangers slightly with a pair of grips and still had to trim about an inch off the rear exhaust hole in are bumpers, this is on a fl bumper.

But I will say I had the spoon n1 set up before I moved to the 60rs and tbh with the spoon b-pipe I personally think it sounds better than the j's system.

But I'm now a j's whore and can't resist ahaha.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
ktm108 said:

Can't comment on the j's but if I had one & that did that to my bumper I think I would be pretty peed off!
I do have j's hangers on my kaki thou

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yes the back box will fit with a spoon bpipe. The last owner of my bpipe tracked his car with the js mated to it.

ktm108

Advanced Member
Gordydc5 said:
Can't comment on the j's but if I had one & that did that to my bumper I think I would be pretty peed off!
I do have j's hangers on my kaki thou
It does look worse than it is to be fair... With the bumper back on you can't tell at all... It was all up in behind that it melted. Not on the front edge...

miki1212

Advanced Member
does the blue still come off of these J's exhaust tips? or have they addressed this now, i remember from years back that it is just painted on, not burnt on and comes off after a while...

ktm108

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
does the blue still come off of these J's exhaust tips? or have they addressed this now, i remember from years back that it is just painted on, not burnt on and comes off after a while...
Defiantly burnt my my opinion....

ChrisMcC

Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

The fitment with regards melting the bumper is bothering me quite a lot if I'm honest, I did not really want to have to cut part of the bumper away. I'm wondering if enough adjustments could still be made with the hangers to get a good looking finish without needing to do this?

It just seems a wee bit silly to release an exhaust that will melt the bumper unless the bumper is cut :)

ktm108

Advanced Member
ChrisMcC said:
Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

The fitment with regards melting the bumper is bothering me quite a lot if I'm honest, I did not really want to have to cut part of the bumper away. I'm wondering if enough adjustments could still be made with the hangers to get a good looking finish without needing to do this?

It just seems a wee bit silly to release an exhaust that will melt the bumper unless the bumper is cut :)
After fitting my whole system and saw the it was melting the bumper a bit I was able to jiggle the hangers about to so the back box was pushed down slightly lower... I think it would have been ok but I cut a slot out under the bumper any ways for peace of mind... You really can't tell at all that I have done that tho.. Looks abit more extreme than it actually is in my pics!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
spooke said:
[*]I have the spoon b pipe - will the 60r will mate ok to this?

The 60R only fits with the OEM B-Pipe, so you'll either have to get your Spoon B-Pipe or 60R modified to fit. I think the 60RS on the other hand will fit but I'm unsure if you can get it seperate from the J's Racing B-Pipe
[/list]
Spoon bpipe and OEM b pipe both use the same holes/ flanges etc. Can swap between the two worh no issues. No modifications are needed if the J's is designed for the OEM b pipe bud.

ktm108

Advanced Member
I know Wat you mean... I thought that but when you hear it running you forget that you have hacked away under the bumper lol