J's Racing 60rs Exhaust

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Im looking to buy a new exhaust soon due to the baffles in my one rattling. Ive been looking at the J's Racing 60rs cat back.

Has anyone on here got the stainless version? If so how do you find it ie noise and quality etc?

There was a thread a few years back where the blue on the tip of the stainless one came off http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23581-js-racing-60rs-muffler-arrived/page-2 has anyone else had this problem or was it just a one off.

Also is the titainium version worth the extra money?
Sorry for all the questions, just dont want to buy it and then regret it etc

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Hi there,

I'll be following this thread with interest as it is one of the options I an considering for my car.

The titanium version will obviously be lighter and will create what some think is a more 'racier' sound due to the difference in the properties of the metal but it is also more likely to crack under impact when hot. So something to consider if you live a speed bump area.

I wouldn't have thought that the blue on the SS version would last forever as it occurs on the titanium version due to the reaction from the high heat applied to it afterwards where as I'm guessing the SS version is done in a different way to create the same effect but applied to the tip rather than an actual part of the tip.

I could be wrong so am happy to be dis proven if that's the case.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Buy a Kakimoto regu06R had mine for a week quite but awesome in VTEC well made & light over OEM

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I've got a J's Racing Titanium 60RS and running it for more then 2 years without any issues. Sounds great in high revs xdevilking

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Agree. It is nice and quiet on idle and sounds great when at high revs. Doesn't have a very loud droning sound on motorway either although there is still a nice tone.

Apple

Advanced Member
I ve got the 60 ss and the blue tip has faded away. I have found it too quite so had put the unsilenced b pipe in. Sounds just right now for myself..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Well made exhaust. The blue on the stainless steel one does eventually come off/fade.
Agree with everything Ben said. In real life over here, the cracking of the titanium versions has only really happened in racing when they are under extreme conditions.

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Thanks for the feedback, very helpfull. Think i will go with the titanium one when funds allow.

Does it hang down very low? The 5zigen exhaust i have now hangs fairly low and catches on bumps etc

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Mine doesn't hang low. If anything it sat higher to the chassis. If your getting one, order the J's hangers. Should need 3 of them. These drop it lower away from the chassis as the oem ones made the exhaust rattle off the chasis

wj51fut

Advanced Member
-Birdy- said:
Thanks for the feedback, very helpfull. Think i will go with the titanium one when funds allow.

Does it hang down very low? The 5zigen exhaust i have now hangs fairly low and catches on bumps etc
Which 5Zigen have you got Tom?

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Not sure tbh, was on the car when i bought it. Isnt too bad now that the car is on Eibach springs but before it used to catch on everything.