J's racing air box/induction kit

aji621

Advanced Member
I got a question, do they fit EP3's & DC5's? as one is being advertised as so & i dont want to buy it if it dont fit

V7MAT

clean freak
the one on eBay? Justin (blueguy) didnt seem to think that was a good buy.. its missing the front part and hes unsure they're universal :unsure:

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Just looked more into this.
The ep3 and dc5 J's intakes are not the same (not sure on all the specifics, but the c/f cover for a start is a slightly different design). However that one advertised has the dc5 c/f cover :green:

What is advertised is not the complete kit though, it's missing the front scoop/collector that sits behind the bumper :(

Quite a vital piece tbh and as you can see it's not exactly small. I would definitely ask if the seller still has the car it's been taken from. I only remember two others in the country (excluding mine) having these. Integradan (above picture and sold a while ago) and some chap from Ireland (again sold a while ago). Both CW cars IIRC.

One of the best induction kits for the DC5 (proven) :xyes:, but rare as rocking horse sh*t due to the price.

One more thing. If you're rocking a RBC, there is a whole host of changes you will need to carry out to mate the two together. We're talking custom induction pipe/hose (OEM, SFS/Samco will not work), extending sensor wiring, removing bonnet lining or re-routing throttle cable, custom a/c hose etc etc

aji621

Advanced Member
ok i havnt changed to RBC yet, just got en email from the guy & he has said its from an Ep3, I bought a Tegiwa Rep of the GruppeM to get me through the summer, will look into geting a J's one next year maybe, but will be brand new. Thanks for the heads up!