J's Racing ETD

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
Hi all, i have a J's ETD fitted for the last 5 months and a couple of weeks ago it started to make an unholy racket on tickover. I took it back to the tuning house that sold & fitted it for me and after a bit of fiddling with it they agreed with me that its broken and they have a new one on order for me that should arrive just after xmas.

Im just wondering if anyone has ever heard of these ETD's failing before as ive asked a lot of lads i know who have them fitted and no-one has ever heard of one failing. seems odd to me, although i work in purchasing and i know only too well that the odd faulty item slips through the net now & again.

Just curious thats all :wink:

MartinP

the ETD (Engine Tourqe Damper) failed on my buddys EP3. rattiling alot!

I got one to my DC5 aswell, but it wasnt mounted, one uniball had broke completetly off.

jay82

Advanced Member
it does happen, but it will never cause any damage when they do. i done a bit of research before i got one. i went for the spoon myself because it was cheaper than the j's racing one.

barrymcgrath

Yea my RSR is only recently after going... The shaft broke inside... Was getting mad vibrations when i was taking off from a standstill... Once rolling I heard no more.... Must get the finger out and get another one.... How did you find the J's one before it failed...?