js racing exhaust scraping,make new section?

adriannorris7

Well lads new to all this forum crack so sorry if its been covered already but can anyone tell me if your mid section scrapes on speedbumps and the likes?? i have a tegiwa manifold and js racing exhaust the 60mm with titanium backbox its a pity to be wrecking it by it scraping. My flexi piece is after breaking from all of the scraping so i have ordered one from tegiwa to fix manifold i have also ordered flanges to make my own mid section to make exhaust hang higher by changing angles slightly .will this be neccessary to do? i have tried shorter hangers and there was no sucess still scraped and then exhaust used to hit body when changing gear making exhaust looks to me to be only option has anyone any experiences on this or ideas to fix it? Thanks

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
With large bore exhausts and lowered cars unfortunately it's inevitable you will catch speed bumps. Not a lot you can really do about it.

As for the manifold flexi, I'd be very surprised if it's damaged from speed dumps, have you got engine mounts inserts fitted. It's generally excessive engine movement that damages the flexi so the inserts stiffen everything up.

adriannorris7

thanks for getting back to me so you think there would be no point making new part for exhaust with different angles to raise up? it will be very close to body of car though no i dont have them but i have them here and am going to put in while i have my manifold off. would these be strong enough then to stop flexi damage in future or will i need to buy engine damper also?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Engine dampers are generally regarded as a waste of money and just something that rattles loudly in the engine bay.
The engine mount inserts will be more than enough to prevent further damage. DC Sports actually have it as part of their warranty T&C's that they must be fitted so I think that speaks for itself.

Look under the car and see your b-pipes fits, however I'd imagine J'sRacing wouldn't make an exhaust that didn't fit well.
Bear in mind that while there might space between the exhaust and the chassis there needs to be as everything will still move, even with the inserts, and exhausts expand and contract with heat etc and if you go to close they will just hit each other

blueguy

Resident J's whore
If I'm reading your post correctly, you said you tried shorter hangers which resulted in your exhaust hitting the underside of your car, yet it still hit speedbumps?

To me that says your exhaust sits high, which would mean either your car is too low or your have mammoth speed bumps in your area, or a combination of the two.

PalfyR

Advanced Member
If its a tegiwa mani / toda copy they're quite long so the b pipe sits a bit lower and catches on some humps! Mine's the same and when I asked tdi if the could get it up higher so it didn't catch they said it was due to the long manifold.

adriannorris7

Thanks the inserts will do me so.
my car is lowerd but the most is 40mm im not sure what springs they are it cant be much ill put a pic up of side view to give you idea.
Some are massive but most are average height to be honest
yes my manifold is the toda rep well so i have been told did you find any solution? any trouble with flexi piece?
sorry lads quote thing wouldnt work for me

PalfyR

Advanced Member
adriannorris7 said:
Thanks the inserts will do me so.
my car is lowerd but the most is 40mm im not sure what springs they are it cant be much ill put a pic up of side view to give you idea.
Some are massive but most are average height to be honest
yes my manifold is the toda rep well so i have been told did you find any solution? any trouble with flexi piece?
sorry lads quote thing wouldnt work for me
I drive on the path to get round them😊