J's Racing Intake (fitted pics) & Review

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
tuning factory.

Had it on RR today and lost 3.1hp. I need to get a more free flowing exhaust apparently :shock: little bit disappointed but wasn't expecting too much tbh, maybe 1 or 2.

Seriously though it does seem the exhaust is restricting the car, a lot, so a new one is needed pronto. Got my eye on a j's titanium cat back, anyone using one?

lucky charms

Honda-Hoochie said:
Im wanting one of those intakes !!! Sweet, u get that in urban performance?
thanks for the plug :oops: but i'm selling itg

i passed you out by the airport yesterday morning, car is looking sweet :wink:

macer

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
tuning factory.

Had it on RR today and lost 3.1hp. I need to get a more free flowing exhaust apparently :shock: little bit disappointed but wasn't expecting too much tbh, maybe 1 or 2.

Seriously though it does seem the exhaust is restricting the car, a lot, so a new one is needed pronto. Got my eye on a j's titanium cat back, anyone using one?
Yea I have one, its a great exhaust. TBH with the Airbox you have you wont see much without a remap. Did Martin recommend trying one of his Airboxes instead?

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
macer said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
tuning factory.

Yea I have one, its a great exhaust. TBH with the Airbox you have you wont see much without a remap. Did Martin recommend trying one of his Airboxes instead?
No he didn't. Just showed me the internal baffle thats restricting the air flow. Thats what happens when its jasma I guess, to keep it legal in japan.

I don't really wanna get the kpro till I have it all together, mani & exhaust, as one trip to UK will be expensive enough, I don't wanna have to go twice.

macer

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
macer said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
tuning factory.

No he didn't. Just showed me the internal baffle thats restricting the air flow. Thats what happens when its jasma I guess, to keep it legal in japan.

I don't really wanna get the kpro till I have it all together, mani & exhaust, as one trip to UK will be expensive enough, I don't wanna have to go twice.
TDP in wicklow and AI up north map K-Pro, I'm not sure on the date yet but Mase is planning another trip over to map some more Hondata's
It’s a shame Martin doesn’t do Hondata.
TDP did mine before and did an OK job, only know one person who used AI but they were very impressed.

andytyperr

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
tuning factory.

thats a shame I was really hoping this was going to work well,but i guess with the intake thru the front grill it won`t be any better than the Mugen box and 5zigen scoop.gruppem it is then if you want to make power (and noise :cry: ) i believe the gruppe m makes 6-7bhp on an other wise stock motor?

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
andytyperr said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
tuning factory.

thats a shame I was really hoping this was going to work well,but i guess with the intake thru the front grill it won`t be any better than the Mugen box and 5zigen scoop.gruppem it is then if you want to make power (and noise :cry: ) i believe the gruppe m makes 6-7bhp on an other wise stock motor?
Maybe! The guy who done the RR is very well respected in his field and hes convinced my exhaust is killing the power by keeping the air built up in the engine. He reckons it will release a few hp when its replaced with a freeflowing exhaust. Suppose i will have to try it and see.

It cant be worse than gruppe m, it has to at least be on par with it or J's Racing wouldnt have replaced their gruppe m's with it.

andytyperr

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
andytyperr said:
LA-DC5 ITR said:
tuning factory.

Maybe! The guy who done the RR is very well respected in his field and hes convinced my exhaust is killing the power by keeping the air built up in the engine. He reckons it will release a few hp when its replaced with a freeflowing exhaust. Suppose i will have to try it and see.

It cant be worse than gruppe m, it has to at least be on par with it or J's Racing wouldnt have replaced their gruppe m's with it.

heres hopeing :D

what exhaust are you running at the moment?

Honda-Hoochie

lucky charms said:
Honda-Hoochie said:
Im wanting one of those intakes !!! Sweet, u get that in urban performance?
thanks for the plug :oops: but i'm selling itg

i passed you out by the airport yesterday morning, car is looking sweet :wink:
Ur selling !!! ??? Yeah i work out that way did i see u !!

lucky charms

Honda-Hoochie said:
Ur selling !!! ??? Yeah i work out that way did i see u !!
yeah you waved, i was in a '03 C/W dc5, i was on my way back from the coachmans inn maybe you thought i was someone else?

DuffMan

Glad I found someone who has fitted one of these. Was planning on getting an Gruppe M which was suggested by TDi North but i've always loved the look of the J's Intake plus there's none of that messing around with the scuttle nonsense, that's fine if you know what you're doing but I just dont feel confident enough to be cutting bit's out & changing stuff.
I think you've just made up my mind for me, the extra dosh seems like it's worth it to me...thing looks awesome in the engine bay. 8)

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
what exhaust did you have that's restricting this?

im currently running a toda cat back, and to keep within sound levels at tracks, im hoping to get sommat that's quieter than gruppeM :D

ArcticEnergie

:D mnnnnmnnnn man that intake looks sweet! Would really be interested to fit one in mine. I have the HKS highpower Silent exhaust... do you guys think I would have the same restriciont problem with it?

Exhaust sound nice not too loud not too quite... Just perfect for my taste.. dont wanna getrid of it.. It was just fitted maybe did a couple of miles with it and thats all.

AE
:arrow:

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
mines a jasma exhaust, that means its practically oem specs to pass jap standards, i dont think yours is jasma mate so you should be ok

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
no mate, real life got in the way :roll:

im planning to get a new one in the new year (hopefully cheap off here) along with a mani/decat.