J'S RACING TSUCHINOKO AIR INTAKE SCOOP/DUCT Bumper

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
I have been in contact with a fibreglasser,

Due to would like the J‘s Racing bumper air duct scoop replicated

I have an original J‘s Racing one here that will be used for the template and the base of the scoop to ensure prefect fitment

Very neat way to get cold air into the engine bay and nice little touch seen behind the grill

I have got in contact with him due to I would like one for my own personal car, Without having the air intake it‘s self.

I find out the final price on the cost of the mould and price on each item after that tomorrow

There will be a range of colours to choose from
And price will be around the £50 mark for on

If you would be interested in one please comment this post,

*Please not nothing is final yet I‘m just gauging a bit of interest that‘s all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
Almost put my name down, but then remembered I don't have a slam panel. LOL

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Almost put my name down, but then remembered I don't have a slam panel. LOL
You don‘t have the T bar ?

As it does not fix into the slam bar it self it uses the fixing points on the T Bar

Reggie91

Advanced Member
1. wocka
2. Fez
3. GillyDC5
4. Reggie91

Assuming this works well with a mugen intake

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
1. wocka
2. Fez
3. GillyDC5
4. Reggie91

Assuming this works well with a mugen intake
I‘ve been looking into the Mugen air boxes and it looks ideal for a Mugen due to it where it takes the air from

Chewy

Advanced Member
EP3-Carl said:
You don‘t have the T bar ?

As it does not fix into the slam bar it self it uses the fixing points on the T Bar

That's it buddy. I've removed the T bar section for clearance in front of the inlet manifold area.

Shame, would have been nice for some additional ducting.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I run this set up with a Mugen intake, the J's scoop feeds a vision carbon duct first to channel it towards the intake itself. Works well. Bought in a 1 off group buy a few years ago.
Colour isn't an issue as you wont see it. But it would have to be a good copy, the j's genuine item isn't the greatest of fits... Probably better off developing a newer revised version to ensure fitment.

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I run this set up with a Mugen intake, the J's scoop feeds a vision carbon duct first to channel it towards the intake itself. Works well. Bought in a 1 off group buy a few years ago.
Colour isn't an issue as you wont see it. But it would have to be a good copy, the j's genuine item isn't the greatest of fits... Probably better off developing a newer revised version to ensure fitment.
Thanks for that yeah I‘m awaiting for a cost on what it‘s going to be for the mould then I‘ll use my own car and the J‘s racing one to judge where it can be improved all round from fitting to forcing as much air into the engine bay possible

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
5zigen made an awesome looking air intake scoop, but I‘ve never seen anyone in the uk to have one

Not many pics I can find
https://www.nengun.com/5zigen/cold-air-intake
I came across that while doing some research,

But as Fez stated won‘t work with an Oem rad so limits the uses where as the J‘s racing is completely universal so it‘s a lot better base to start with to change and improve it

EP3-Carl

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
That's it buddy. I've removed the T bar section for clearance in front of the inlet manifold area.

Shame, would have been nice for some additional ducting.
Yeah that‘s bit of a problem for you

Only way to get round that would be to share the fixing points on the bumper/grill

p1tse

Advanced Member
Above were only ideas lol

But a j‘s type would be great. And no, couldn‘t justify the higher price above but I think that includes a snorkel too