June July track days

Alicks

Advanced Member
Anyone on here doing tracks in June or July. My cars pretty much ready, be good to get out with a few other dc5s

I'm in kent but happy to travel!

dc5ian

Advanced Member
dotty, you should come to th honda euro meet at clateres aug 18th great little circuit!

ChesterJSY

I'm doing one at the Le Mans Bugatti circuit on 1st&2nd of August if you fancy something a bit different! Great circuit and weekend away! Something pretty awesome about driving under the Dunlop bridge ;)

s4mmi

When exactly is the trackday at Spa in July? I live in Belgium so I might come over and take a look ;)

Alicks

Advanced Member
Bit soon for me dan, I'm doing brands on the 12th otherwise I probably would've. You guys don't mess about with the euro trackdays to you! How much are these working out to cost? I'd love to come along depends if my bank balance allows it!

Type K

Advanced Member
im interested in getting on some track days but im a complete newb and havnt been on any yet. Would i be able to tackle these circuits?

Alicks

Advanced Member
If you're a bit nervous about the whole tracking your dc5 situation id recommend looking out for novice days/evenings at what ever your local track is. The dc5 is a very capable car on track. It's really what they're designed for. I've driven a few cars but had by far the most fun in my dc5. Really surprise a few cars too. But novice days are a great way to start: everyone's in the same boat and you can just take it at your own pace. I'm doing brands on the 12th on June

Dan34

Advanced Member
Evening open pit is a good place to start, to get your bearings etc!

If you're local to cadwell more than welcome to a passenger ride on the 17th! Might show you its nothing to worry about :) I'm always nervous when I'm about to go out first thing in the morning then I'm fine the rest of the day haha.

ChesterJSY

Alicks said:
Bit soon for me dan, I'm doing brands on the 12th otherwise I probably would've. You guys don't mess about with the euro trackdays to you! How much are these working out to cost? I'd love to come along depends if my bank balance allows it!
Alicks, Le Mans circuit is £250 for the day, hotel around £60 per night and then your travel costs/fuel etc

Its good to get away for the weekend and have a track day session as well, result!

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Dan34 said:
Evening open pit is a good place to start, to get your bearings etc!

If you're local to cadwell more than welcome to a passenger ride on the 17th! Might show you its nothing to worry about :) I'm always nervous when I'm about to go out first thing in the morning then I'm fine the rest of the day haha.
I might take you up on that offer buddy..

Never driven cadwell before and going on the 26th June!

I'm a donington whore ha!

Dan34

Advanced Member
Alex.J said:
I might take you up on that offer buddy..

Never driven cadwell before and going on the 26th June!

I'm a donington whore ha!
haha no worries!

I've got donny booked for the first time in August, looking forward to it!

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Dan34 said:
haha no worries!

I've got donny booked for the first time in August, looking forward to it!
What date?! I'm planning to book an august date at donny, I have some mates waiting on my date ha!

Dan34

Advanced Member
Alex.J said:
What date?! I'm planning to book an august date at donny, I have some mates waiting on my date ha!
It's an afternoon open pit at Japfest 2, unfortunately its sold out now :( people do sell on their tracktime nearer the time so some might come up at some point!

Alicks

Advanced Member
that sucks i really fancy donny too! thats not too bad for le mans, i was expecting it to be a lot dearer than that! to be honest though I'm not completely finished with my car yet, got a few more bits to do this year yet so ill probably get a few more uk days in, get the car finished off over the winter then look to do a few in Europe next year! only problem is this honda tuning game is pretty expensive!

Dan34

Advanced Member
My aim is to go to Spa with dotty at some point in the future, just need to commit to it one day and just book it haha

Alicks

Advanced Member
Spa is another place id love to do! I really fancy cadwell park but it's so far for me to drive! It'd have to be an overnight for sure! What tyres do you guys run on track?