Just a quick question...

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Did the DC5 come with braided brake hoses?

I see people talking about 'getting braided hoses' however, when taking my calipers off we noticed I already have them?

Like I said just a quick question, thanks.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
No. They would be just black standard lines. These are ok but perish after a while which is why people change them. Plus because of track days too.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
No they will have been added by a previous owner I'd have thought. Common mod on these cars though. Normally one of the first things people suggest along with lowering springs and an FRSU

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Well that's another for 'mod' list (I'm taking full credit for that, even it would of been done in Japan :))

Thanks for the responses chaps, appreciate it!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I have had Hel brake lines for a few years with no issues. However if I ever needed to change I would get a set of TGM lines.

TGM lines are the only ones (that are used by many) where I have heard of absolutely no issues; and they're made by Mocal IIRC ;)

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
didnt know tgm even did 'em :eek:

so what else does tom rustle up? inverted track rod ends, brake lines?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
SuperFLY said:
didnt know tgm even did 'em :eek:

so what else does tom rustle up? inverted track rod ends, brake lines?
  • Mocal oil coolers specifically for DC5/EP3 fitment
  • brake packages e.g.
    2 piece AP Racing discs (with custom bells) for use with OEM calipers
  • BBK - Brembo F50 calipers with 2 piece Brembo discs (with custom bells)

[*]Welded in baffled sumps
Tom doesn't compromise on the quality of parts he provides. Some parts will of course be made to order.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Would Pagid be an OEM replacement or better?
Fairly sure they are an oem alternative. The rear brakes aren't really worth fussing about with from what the track warriors on here say :D

Bonito

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Fairly sure they are an oem alternative. The rear brakes aren't really worth fussing about with from what the track warriors on here say :D
That's my reasoning. If I can get OEM for £20 then why not!