Just a thought - Car theft

Martctr

Advanced Member
My other halfs dads M5 just got stolen. They broke in and took the keys :?

Has anyone thought of having a false set of keys for if someone breaks in and confronts them? Say a blank Honda key and an old fob? Also has anyone fitted a hidden switch to cut power from the battery.

Greensprout

Advanced Member
I have thought about having a duff set, but that's only going to buy you time and then they're going to come back in your house pished off and god knows what they'll do.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Clifford Blackjax for the win. Plus living on an Army Camp patrolled by armed guards with restricted access helps a lot :shock:

I could leave the keys for my car in the ignition and it wouldn't move.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
I work on the basis that if I can't find the keys, neither can the thief :lol:

A 12gauge Dynatec thrown in their direction seems to get rid of them fast enough, and wakes half the neighbourhood at the same time :evil:

liktup

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
I have thought about having a duff set, but that's only going to buy you time and then they're going to come back in your house pished off and god knows what they'll do.
Agreed...its only a car and can be replaced, not worth risking yours or your families well being over :)

jay82

Advanced Member
i've a button in my car called a anti hijack. they can get the keys of my car and start the engine, drive away in it. but about a km down the road the cars alarm will start sounding, even if they find the button after this the alarm can't be turn off without two keys. after this the cars fuel pump starts to turn off. it starts slowing u down and will not let the car speed up. i tested it when i first got it and it stopped outside the local garda station and wouldn't start again. very happy with it. its real annoying at first. but u can use to it. i'll try get the name of it, but it works really well. and it gets them away from the house if they break in and take the keys on me.

keevster

Advanced Member
:lol: I had a engine cut off switch on my old Ford Cortina many moons ago. It was well hidden, hidden enough that it totally confused the knobbers who tried to steal the car, they broke in, pushed the car out the space and obviously had repeated attempts at trying to bump start it and start it, till they eventually flattened the battery :lol:

It was just a simple switch located next to the radiator in the engine bay :lol: , basic, but effective :lol:

Paul :wink:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
keevster said:
:lol: I had a engine cut off switch on my old Ford Cortina many moons ago. It was well hidden, hidden enough that it totally confused the knobbers who tried to steal the car, they broke in, pushed the car out the space and obviously had repeated attempts at trying to bump start it and start it, till they eventually flattened the battery :lol:

It was just a simple switch located next to the radiator in the engine bay :lol: , basic, but effective :lol:

Paul :wink:
i fitted something like this in an old fiesta of mine, hidden underneath the steering column. jus cut the ignition so even if you had the keys the car wouldnt even try to tick over.

worked a couple of times, think people just assumed the battery was dead!! :lol: