Just after a bit of exhaust advice for track

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
spoon exhaust manifolds only cracked when improperly fitted, people were using std nuts and bolts not the spring bolts that are on the oem exhaust,

all headers can rattle, i had the spoon and would say its great quality and makes power but at the higher end or the rev range, you can also refit the std cat for mOT .

another option is the J's setup, which is in two parts like the spoon but has larger diameter pipes.

Linus27

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
spoon exhaust manifolds only cracked when improperly fitted, people were using std nuts and bolts not the spring bolts that are on the oem exhaust,

all headers can rattle, i had the spoon and would say its great quality and makes power but at the higher end or the rev range, you can also refit the std cat for mOT .

another option is the J's setup, which is in two parts like the spoon but has larger diameter pipes.
Thanks C&S Evo7 for the info and the good news about the Spoon fitting. My preference is the Spoon manifold as I have the Spoon B pipe already. I was only going to get the 2-1 part for the decat rather than the full 4-2 and 2-1 sections. Do you think this would be a better option rather than the DC Sports 4-2-1 manifold? I was going to speak to Tom at TGM when he gets back from Italy and see what he thought and then get it booked it for fitting and remap.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Sorry to hi jack your thread.. But what does the standard box look like on the car?

Reason im asking is i dont want all the horrible drone noise off the exhaust anymore and was looking for a quieter system but if the oem box looks ok i would consider this option myself..

Any pictures of oem boxes on a modified dc5?

Thanks

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Thats all i needed to hear.. Thanks..

Any alternatives? Aftermarket that are pretty quiet?