Just back from my first TGM visit....

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Well just got back TGM after being there most of the day & gotta say after my first visit I'm inpressed :D

Tom & Kenny have been amusing me throughout the day whilst doing some work on the car. Kenny mostly though :lol: as he threw the remaining oil left in the sump over himself taking it out & then lost his glasses for an hour or two.

The lads changed my sump over to a TGM baffled sump, swapped from the Icebox to stock, put my ESMM in & obviously changed my filter & oil.....also treated myself to a Spoon rad cap for good measure :wink:

They had to disconnect the battery to get the Icebox out properly without marking it, so therefore reset my ECU & gotta say on the way home it felt a bit more spritely. But dunno if thats just how it feels due to the engine mounts being stiffer & making the car feel more positive whilst putting the power down though?

Either way I'm well happy with how things feel now.
The mounts do vibrate the cabin quite alot whilst @ idle, although this is just making me want to KPRO the car more than I already do.
But they do make acceleration more positive, not necessarily faster.

Already half arranged my next visit with Tom, so things will start to take shape before I get round to KPRO'ing it, so keep ya eyes peeled for small updates.
:wink:

martin200

Advanced Member
Glad your happy with the service mate, Tom is a sound guy, definately still has some sort of passion for Hondas :D

You'll have to let me know when you want to K-Pro your car, I may be able to sort you out with an ECU and tune package!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
The vibration will not get better with a kpro unless you increase the idle speed by a couple of hundred rpm.

martin200,
are you now a kpro tuner?

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
The vibration will not get better with a kpro unless you increase the idle speed by a couple of hundred rpm.
I'll aware of that mate, but it's an easy & cheap fix

C&S Evo7 said:
martin200,
Thanks for the offer mate & are you a tuner?

Evs

Advanced Member
I was really pleased with the ESMMs when I had them fitted, they do make the car feel more responsive.

You can change the idle speed with the KPro and this does help reduce vibrations but won't eliminate it completely unless you set it quite high. You can find what speed you need by holding it at different speeds to see when the vibration goes away, then decide whether you're happy with that as an idle speed...

How much did he charge you for the sump?

martin200

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
C&S Evo7 said:
I'll aware of that mate, but it's an easy & cheap fix

C&S Evo7 said:
martin200,
Thanks for the offer mate & are you a tuner?
No, my mate is a tuner. He has the tools (Dyno, wideband) - I have the ECU :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Evs said:
I was really pleased with the ESMMs when I had them fitted, they do make the car feel more responsive.

You can change the idle speed with the KPro and this does help reduce vibrations but won't eliminate it completely unless you set it quite high. You can find what speed you need by holding it at different speeds to see when the vibration goes away, then decide whether you're happy with that as an idle speed...

How much did he charge you for the sump?
Cheers Evs :wink:

Tbh I don't know :oops:
Tom just gave me the overall price for the work done.

I paid in cash, so haven't got a reciept per say. Tom is going to write me something out for my history & files when I see him next which will probably within the next 4 weeks.

Evs

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Tbh I don't know :oops:
Tom just gave me the overall price for the work done.
You're not much use to us really, are you? :roll:

:wink: :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Yep - you 'orta' have found out how much it costs, because you know that a few of us are interested in this mod... :xClubbed: :lol:

Did he have one ready prepped to fit, or did he weld the baffles in on the day?

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Yep - you 'orta' have found out how much it costs, because you know that a few of us are interested in this mod... :xClubbed: :lol:

Did he have one ready prepped to fit, or did he weld the baffles in on the day?
As soon as I speak to him I'll let ya know Cheerful :lol:

They work on an exchange basis, so he needs some notice before you pop down. He had 2 left today after mine went on, but was saying that he was gonna be ordering up some more this week.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
nice one. Glad your enjoying the mods, the engine mounts are the cheapest mod for the increased driving experience IMO.

Sara

Advanced Member
Kenny and his glasses was quite funny...............TGM is an enormous black hole.

Things go missing and then re-appear (If its an EP3 part they generally re-appear on my race car :wink: :lol: :lol: )