Just bought a DC5 but I have a question!

T666YPR

Yeah,the difference was amazing when I had to run around in a courtesy car Civic for a couple of weeks.

Feels more accurate and positive being heavier though 8)

Suped

Advanced Member
good for building up the arms and shoulders. You'll notice its better when giving it abit of a welly (under controlled conditions) that the steering remains the same and very direct. I do however feel abit of torque steering, but guessing thats common nature of a FWD.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
scaryprowler said:
Its hydraulic power steering as opposed to electric, found in the CTR.
Really? I never knew that - I thought they were the same! I wonder why they did it different on the two TR models? :shock:

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Steering is perfect IMO, the CTR's steering just didn't give me much confidence whereas the DC5 is spot on and gives nice feedback as opposed to feeling like you are driving a hovercraft on grass (not that I have done that :lol: )

andyd

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
Steering is perfect IMO, the CTR's steering just didn't give me much confidence whereas the DC5 is spot on and gives nice feedback as opposed to feeling like you are driving a hovercraft on grass (not that I have done that :lol: )
I dunno i've driven a DC5 on grass :lol:

its not much cop!

Andy

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
andyd said:
SCOTTIECTR said:

its not much cop!

Andy

My hovercraft is full of eels.... :wink:

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
andyd said:
SCOTTIECTR said:

its not much cop!

Andy
PMSL :lol:

linzi94

Advanced Member
the steering on my civic was a bit like angel delight, light n fluffy! however the steering on my dc5 is that bit heavier so you can feel exactly what the front wheels are doing - minted.