Just fitted ESMM/Powerflex inserts and have a question

scotty4

Hi all just fitted the ESMM poly inserts along with the powerflex gearbox insert. Now I understand about the extra vibrations these cause, but why am I getting much louder cabin noise from the engine and exhaust?

They have totally transformed my car otherwise, handling has improved and my gear shifts are spot on with no crunching, as before I had the common 1st to 2nd problem. But why the added noise? Any help?

Mark_teg

Staff member
The noise is due to the vibration, totally normal. It'll settle down a bit after a while..

scotty4

I had a mechanic fit them, he said the esmm inserts were tricky but they went in, and the powerflex insert was near on impossible!

But he prevailed in the end, but he is a former Honda technician!

firthy22

Advanced Member
Had mine fitted by a local garage and they said they were a pain to get in but it just needs perseverance and the right tools for the job.

I noticed more vibration and cabin noice from the exhaust but it's something you get used to and the improvement in handling on fast corners and more positive gear changes far outweighs any negatives.

scotty4

Thanks for replies!
Just a bit concerned as to weather i have ruined the refinement of the ride!

Maybe a bold claim as I haven't driven one, but could now feel similar to the harsh ride of the dc2?

But as pointed out above hopefully they will settle and bed in a bit!

brucey87

Advanced Member
i think they will soften up a bit after 1k miles. mine were definetly harsher when i first fitted them than they are now. you will get used to them, iv pretty much forgot all about mine now.

Vindots

Advanced Member
Allow around 1k kms to settle.. Or if it doesnt i think you need to get used to it mate :)

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I had these fitted in mine and was a little worried about the cabin vibration to start with. But as other people have said they do settle down alot after a while.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Had mine a year now 15k miles or so. Feels like new again. Hardly any vibration and I'm also running a Spoon ETD!

firthy22

Advanced Member
I don't think the cabin vibration reduces as they bed in, I think that you just get used to the vibration and forget what it was like originally.