just got back from tdi north.....system-r

benny

Advanced Member
spent the whole day there getting kpro and spoon springs
i got told i would have the drive of my life after kpro no one mentioned rush hour traffic and torential rain???
but car peaked at 240 bhp bout 198 at the wheels so im :D :D :D :D before kpro it was 225
and paul is such a great bloke, big respect to him, both his assistants are charming, one of them is even quite cute :wink:
cant wait for a dry day now!!! pity winter is on it way :(

anybody lookin for a place to have your teg sorted go there its worth the trip.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Me too, glad he looked after you. I hope its Gemma you think is cute :wink:

benny

Advanced Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Glad your pleased with the results mate.

Does it feel lots different everwhere in the rev range?
havent really had chance to really drive it yet, gonna take it out if the roads dry off, no point at all going out in the wet??? not unless i just wanna wheels spin every where,
the main difference is the torque, its at 172, thats a big jump,
i knew going there would be worth the wait, im just impatient :D
but im glad i went to tdi, if not only to chat to the cute one :lol:
cant wait for the roads to dry out?????????

dan the man

Advanced Member
198 and 140?

mines 201 and 233 on the same rollers with NOkpro.

I need to get back on them and check :-k :-k

benny

Advanced Member
dan what have you had done to yours though? ive only got a v2, dc sports mani, hks full decat? plus kpro
youve got more goodies on yours aint you?
oh and how cool is launch control, been trying out tonight? the car feels like a different machine, smother v-tec change over, you hardley notcie it now, i need to watch the speedo cos it gets up there fast? better be carefull?
it is now the fastest car ive ever driven. :D

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Normal road use, LC is a waste of time. Even worse when at a roundabout, kangeroo-ing off the line.

Jayk

Advanced Member
almost 200 @ wheels, nice.
i need to give paul a call and book mine in, once ive fitted my toda cams.

You say VTEC is smoother, its already far too smooth, is that because your power below VTEC hp & lbft has increased?

benny

Advanced Member
launch control
when the car is in stationary? stick it in 1st clutch down and floor it, the revs sit around 3000rpm, the ecu limits it, and it just sits the bobbing about 8)
lift the clutch with foot planted and it controls the revs upto to about 3-8 mph i know this doesnt sound much but CRIKEY!!! it doesnt half go, i was trying out in a local empty car park and god its fun haha
the v-tec change over is silky smooth you hardley notice it? before there was like a jerk of acceleration bit like on the train of backto the future3 haha :lol:
but now with the power increase its just marvellous? i would put it in the same bracket as a suped subaru for straight line speed? on bends with the springs its just amazing, i really dont think anything else out there in the market can compete for the money?

benny

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
Normal road use, LC is a waste of time. Even worse when at a roundabout, kangeroo-ing off the line.
come down south shore and i'll show you how to drive it haha :D

spo_gen

Advanced Member
benny said:
spo_gen said:
come down south shore and i'll show you how to drive it haha :D
And what will you actaully show me that I dont already know?? How to cut my springs down?? :lol: :lol:

benny

Advanced Member
bring your own angle grinder? youre not borrowing mine! :D oh and your kangeroo 8)