Just got back from viewing a DC5

Nate187

Hey chaps. Ive just got home from viewing a stunning blue DC5. Only 5000 miles on the clock. I wonder if you guys can help me out with a few Q's before i consider to buy.
The car was imported at Dicksons Perth. Apparently it was a showroom car in Japan and was imported with just 700 miles.

It has the C pack, i noticed it has an aftermarket exhuast. I couldnt see what make it was but has a blue tip, round and 3-3.5", not too loud but a nice sound. The guy thought it was part of the C pack but i knew it wasnt. Any ideas what make it could be?

It has a Kenwood touch screen h/u that folds out, sat nav, tv, 6 disc changer with a couple of ariels on the rear screen but its all in Japanese! Can this be converted to English and would i be able to use the sat nav and tv?

When i was sitting in the passenger seat i could feel a bump under the carpet, is this normal or would it be something to do with the Kenwood system?

The car has no alarm but an aftermarket immobiliser, i cant remember the make but it began with an S (senar or something). Would this need to be cat 1 for insurance purposes? Do the DC5's not come with an alarm?

I could hear a rattle coming from the engine area at certain revs, would this just be the manifold heat shield?

Apart from those concerns the car is as new and im very impressed with the DC5, still getting over how good they look in real life!

premadonna555

Advanced Member
Oh and i don't think there should be a bump on the passenger footwell.

They don't come with an alarm, but they do come with an immobiliser. You'll want cat1 with an installation certificate for insurance (insurance is bad enough as it is!!).

Hope that helps

Dean

logik

Advanced Member
What year is the car mate?

Sounds really nice. Do they know who the previous owner was? Spending the money on the exhaust and the alarm system to sell the car after 4300 miles?

Gray

i looked at this too before i bought mine, the exhaust is made by Bullet i was told, but not managed to track down any pics etc.

Nate187

Really Gray, do you know any more about the car?
The car came over from Japan with the exhaust, kenwood system. The immob was either fitted in Japan or at Dicksons. Is there a forum user on here that works at Dicksons? Maybe they could help me.

redcap

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I thought they had to have an alarm to pass the SVA?
Only has to have the Cat 2 Immob dotty, it is pretty normal for Cat 1 Alarm to be fitted prior to sale as this is very often required by insurer's. My Cat 1 larm was fitted as part of the package i requested to buy the car.

phil r

Advanced Member
Rattle is prob heatshields they are prone to this mine was the same when I bought it will vibrate at a certain rev point then disapear :wink:

Nate187

I thought it would just be a heatshield. The lump in the passenger footwell must be to do with the ICE,
My main concern now is the immobilser and if i'd get insured without an alarm?

dotty

Advanced Member
Nate187 said:
I thought it would just be a heatshield. The lump in the passenger footwell must be to do with the ICE,
Ask him to stick an alarm on it before you buy :eek:

Nate187

dotty said:
Nate187 said:
yeah right :roll:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Nate187 said:
dotty said:
Nate187 said:
Demand it, or walk away nate. :idea:

He can get a top of the range fitted for a lot cheaper than you mate. :idea:

Nate187

chalkie said:
Nate187 said:
dotty said:
Nate187 said:
Demand it, or walk away nate. :idea:

He can get a top of the range fitted for a lot cheaper than you mate. :idea:
This guy isnt a dealer btw. He's selling private, he's insured through his job so doesnt need proof of alarm/ immob.
Is there anyone else on the forum without an alarm?

vadhert

The lump under the seat could be the jap TV tuner. I had one on my Gathers stereo that was linked to a tuner under the passenger seat

Nate187

vadhert said:
The lump under the seat could be the jap TV tuner. I had one on my Gathers stereo that was linked to a tuner under the passenger seat
Ah rite, cheers dude. Is there anything i could do so it picks up UK channels?