just got my teg few days ago

charliearli1234

hiya i got my teg a few days ago, it drives lovely but when i turn off and get out you can hear it cooling down but the exhaust well i think its the exhaust seems to "ping "
noise like some 1s hit it with a stone dont know if thats normal?
And i had a ep3 before my teg, and the steering on the teg seems to be much harder to move but definitely sticks to the road better does that seem right to you lot?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The pinging will probably just be the exhaust cooling down. It does it on mine, and more so on my astra.
Also, the teg has hydraulic steering so it feels heavier but more precise than the ep3 electric power steering.

Marpol

Advanced Member
Is it a standard exhaust? Mines standard and it kind of clicks after you've had a good blast out, just cooling down

With regards to the steering the EP3 has electric power steering and the DC5 has Hydraulic so will have more feel to it ;)

Marpol

Advanced Member
The pinging will probably just be the exhaust cooling down. It does it on mine, and more so on my astra.
Also, the teg has hydraulic steering so it feels heavier but more precise than the ep3 electric power steering.
Beat me to it! :xlol:

wilko2010

Advanced Member
it drives lovely but when i turn off and get out you can hear it cooling down but the exhaust well i think its the exhaust seems to "ping "
Mine does this also since i put the cat back in for the nct test,some times it also does it whilst driving something i need to get looked at.

Stoo

Whining.....
Mine does this also since i put the cat back in for the nct test,some times it also does it whilst driving something i need to get looked at.
As abpve, it's perfectly OK.

On a side note, still no Tyre Pressure gauge :)

wilko2010

Advanced Member
On a side note, still no Tyre Pressure gauge
ill be posting them to your self and alien tomorrow if i could get you details off you again all my pm's gone with the change over.

Grov

Banned
Hhehe i came from a EP3 and also wondered about the steering. It feels heavy at first, but after a few weeks you realise it's better.