Just had the Gruppe M fitted and it sounds horrible....

jo3y

.....As soon as the V-Tech kicks in there's a really loud noise, it sounds like a very high piched neumatic drill. I had to have my strut brace removed due to it's weird shape so unfortunaley it couldn't be secured to that... has anyone else experienced this and has a quick and easy fix?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Most people use pipe lagging to cure this,thus creating a barrier(cushion) between the g/m and strut bar.

Try and get a fancy colour one though and not the boring grey........

HTH.

ps,some strut bars are not compatible with the g/m. :(

MattDC5

Advanced Member
I had mine fitted without a strut for a couple of weeks and didnt experience this.

I do however get some vibration at low revs, but have put this down to the ill-fitting scuttle, incidently i have a spoon strut with lagging etc.

Do you have the shiny g/m supplied scuttle fitted or modded original?

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
jo3y said:
.....As soon as the V-Tech kicks in there's a really loud noise
Thats called the VTEC change-over point when the hi-lift cam profile kicks in! :wink:

jo3y

I did have a nice yellow strut brace but due to it's strange shape the Gruppe M wouldn't fit so it had to be removed :(

I'm using the shiny scuttle as modifying the OEM one didn't go quite to plan :oops:

weejase

Advanced Member
Now you see why you should have bought my spare scuttle :lol:

I may be modding It this week so I`ll give you a shout :wink:

jase.

jo3y

weejase said:
Now you see why you should have bought my spare scuttle :lol:

I may be modding It this week so I`ll give you a shout :wink:

jase.
Definatley mate!

stoddie

Advanced Member
ive used industrial velcro between my gruppe m and the strut brace - ive found theres enough spring in it to stop it rattling. :!:

holds it in place too and easy for removal

linzi94

Advanced Member
around 5k revs mine starts vibrating off something....but when it gets into vtec the vibrating noise stops and all i hear is emphasised vtec.

to be honest i think the vibration is also the scuttle panel. im going to eliminate it by fitting a modified oem one.

ive tightened up all the bolts but still find that it works itself lose and the air box turns a little. im thinking covering the strut brace would help hold it down.

that velcro idea seems good! :wink:

jo3y

tron2k3 said:
You sure it's not just the noise of the gruppem on vtec?

Marmite? :lol:
The more I hear it... the more I think that maybe the case. IMO It just sounds like the engine is in pain when the VTech kicks in now, really need to take somone out in it that has one fitted already so they can tell me if it's normal.... maybe have to take it back to TDi North and take them out in it.

jo3y

MattDC5 said:
Does it sound anything like this:

hmmm, difficult to tell but I think so... I think it was worse when I first drove the car as the gruppe M was touching the metal on the bonet, I'm put a bit of padding in place now and I think it's just the induction noise I can hear.. think it will just take a bit of getting used to.