Just inquired about the cost of 1 recaro

Erm

Advanced Member
From Honda... as I want a new drivers side seat to get the interior back to as new condition and mint condition blue recaros are as rare as unicorn shit.

£2187 + vat per seat

:xaiweb6:

Crazy

integraleo

Advanced Member
That's some serious mark up there.are they really saying they are charging 4 grand for 2 seats!

Erm

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
That's some serious mark up there.are they really saying they are charging 4 grand for 2 seats!
over 5 grand for 2 seats with the vat lol

nellly

Advanced Member
you thought about refurbishing them? i know capital seating have done some red ones for dc2's its worth asking if they can get hold of the blue material

Erm

Advanced Member
nellly said:
you thought about refurbishing them? i know capital seating have done some red ones for dc2's its worth asking if they can get hold of the blue material
Can't get the blue material unfortunately...... its a honda specific colour that Recaro don't sell seperately. Capital seating can only get the ford colour blue alcantara interior. Its a lighter colour that I don't really like, and would have to have both seats done to match, which is a shame as my passenger seat is mint as barely sat in.

DC5RS

DC5
bride seats Erm?, i prefer the recaros though. Did you try integrastella? might have a good set

Erm

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
bride seats Erm?, i prefer the recaros though. Did you try integrastella? might have a good set
Yeah tried him, told him to let me know if a good set comes up as he only sells in pairs, but want something in mint condition.

Wanna stick to the OEM Recaros really as I like them.

edit: currently watching this ebay auction... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC5-Recaro-Seats-Blue-/261303076383?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd6e0861f

but the drivers side one is starting to go like my current one is. If I am feeling adventurous I might buy these, use the passenger side one to replace my drivers side one and refurb the 2 old drivers side seats as a project.

integraleo

Advanced Member
How about getting them refurbished in black? Ok it's not the blue but black seats look great in blue tegs.

AlanS

Advanced Member
Could you not get hold of a mint passenger recaro as most will probably barely sat in and change the bolsters over?

Edit- sorry didnt see your post regards the above.

Erm

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
How about getting them refurbished in black? Ok it's not the blue but black seats look great in blue tegs.
I love the blue interior so not really an option for me, plus have the blue carpet and blue mats andblue door inserts so would be a bit odd with black seats

Erm

Advanced Member
AlanS said:
Could you not get hold of a mint passenger recaro as most will probably barely sat in and change the bolsters over?

Edit- sorry didnt see your post regards the above.
Looking like the most likely course of action

integraleo

Advanced Member
Erm said:
I love the blue interior so not really an option for me, plus have the blue carpet and blue mats andblue door inserts so would be a bit odd with black seats
Not really as your back seats are black. I have red seats in my CW and swap between red and black carpets when the mood takes me. Personal preference I guess.

Erm

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Not really as your back seats are black. I have red seats in my CW and swap between red and black carpets when the mood takes me. Personal preference I guess.
Back seats are normally always covered with a blue fleece and my dogs crate on top so don't see them much, but they did used to bug me being black before I got my dog

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've given up with trying to get a decent set of Blue Recaro's.

Both mines have wear on the drivers side bolster as they were swapped side to side by a previous owner.

I'm just going to put new bolsters in them and live with it. Thought about changing the bolster covers on the bottom and back for black one, so leaving the inserts blue but dunno how that would look.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
I've given up with trying to get a decent set of Blue Recaro's.

Both mines have wear on the drivers side bolster as they were swapped side to side by a previous owner.

I'm just going to put new bolsters in them and live with it. Thought about changing the bolster covers on the bottom and back for black one, so leaving the inserts blue but dunno how that would look.
Photoshop is your friend...