Just installed my AEM V2...

AC

Advanced Member
from a Mugen box....... HAHA I cannot stop laughing at the amazing sound that VTEC has now become :xlol: :green: :twisted:

benny

Advanced Member
put it with the rbc manifold it whistles!!! the goes BARP!!!!!!!!!!when it hits v-tec!

AC

Advanced Member
was actually thinking about intake manifold yes. Does it come with a bigger throttlebody too or is that as a package? :xconfused:

jay82

Advanced Member
when i had one i wasn't impressed with the sound after awhile off owning it, but each to there own.

AC

Advanced Member
TommyDC5 said:
I want to hear it rockstar!
Whenever you are free let me know!
A drink in Northampton sometime with a mini DC5 meet!

yeah ok buddy. I got some time coming up before touring as it happens so yeah. WIll make it happen V soon. Maybe next week? :xcheers:

Jayk

Advanced Member
No you've had your fun with noise, take it off, the cars performance will suffer, especially with the hot summer days.

leehonda

Jayk said:
No you've had your fun with noise, take it off, the cars performance will suffer, especially with the hot summer days.
Ive just bought the same for mine. What makes you say it will loose performance? Surely there designed to increase performance?

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
leehonda said:
Jayk said:
Ive just bought the same for mine. What makes you say it will loose performance? Surely there designed to increase performance?
Heatsoak is your enemy, the V2 is stuck at the back of the engine bay and will be inhaling muchos hot air which will lead to a drop in performance.

If you like the sound and are happy with the performance thats all that matters.

shaf

Kinda of the topic but how does the v2 compare to the gruppe m a got a V2 at the mo thinking of upgrading it to the gruppe m ??

qamvti

Advanced Member
shaf said:
Kinda of the topic but how does the v2 compare to the gruppe m a got a V2 at the mo thinking of upgrading it to the gruppe m ??
It does not compare the gruppe m kicks its arse. :green:

I have put a V2 on my car for 1 week it dropped a lot of power so much that I could feel it I now have a AEM CAI which much better :D .

qamvti

Advanced Member
qamvti said:
shaf said:
It does not compare the gruppe m kicks its arse. :green:

I have put a V2 on my car for 1 week it dropped a lot of power so much that I could feel the loss of power. I now have a AEM CAI which much better and in my opinion it definitely gives better response and power. :D .[/quote