just out of interest? whos gone to the max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benny

Advanced Member
had me car in 5th gear going pretty fast, put it in 6th, and it didnt go any faster? are they limited to a speed.

(Post edited, due to street racing referral)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
On autobahn near dusseldorf earlier this year hit limiter in 5th changed to 6th still pulling hard but wasn't about to look down while accelerating, was showing 140+ when i backed off. i would think 150+ possible.

gonzo

Advanced Member
flickered between 152 and 153 on gps

(germany autobahm on HET)

had 148 gps at bruntingthorpe

dan the man

Advanced Member
cant remmeber revs as looking at what was coming up...

YES A HALF MILE AHEAD......lol

But had 160 on clock and was still going..(germany this year)

record is appoarantly 173???

dan

benny

Advanced Member
oops seems i mentioned naughty words? i was on a air strip in a how fast run, got to 140 in 5th, but it doesn't pull like the rest of the gears? does it creep up? record 173? i need alonger air strip haha any one know any? was that a standard car that did 173?

fonz600

Advanced Member
benny said:
had me car in 5th gear going pretty fast, put it in 6th, and it didnt go any faster? are they limited to a speed.

(Post edited, due to street racing referral)
Mmm.... I'm the same here. Only once did I try it, on a disused piece of ground :wink: Flat out in 5th then nothing in 6th.
It did only have about 1500 miles on it tho so maybe still a bit tight.

benny

Advanced Member
mines hitting 51000 miles now, so should be nice and loose, any one know if they are limited? some old import scoobies are limited to 112?

kingston

Advanced Member
benny said:
wot the fook is gps? by the way?
Global Positioning Satellite, tells you your 'true' speed rather then indicated.

As found on Road Angels and stuff like that. Only trouible with the RA unit GPS is that under accleration it can not keep up and is only good for when you are going at a steady speed.

neolee40

Advanced Member
173MPH?? impressive !!! i thought the top speed of these cars were 150 ish? I think some one on the ctr forum actually filmed their speedo. I'll check it out.

linzi94

Advanced Member
i got mine to what looked like 152 (was def over 150) and still pulling but then my passenger got scared and i backed off.

can still feel torque in 6th gear on mine.

dan the man

Advanced Member
i think they still pull good in 5th for what is 'just' a 2LTR engine. And again in 6th too....

DC2 was game over in 5TH really...took ages.

dan 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.