Just put a deposit down on my first DC5..........pics

shauny

Hi,
Some of you may have seen my other post "are dc5's anything special" Well I have come to the conclusion they probably are and should be picking mine up in a couple of weeks.
I still have to see it but the seem a decent like place and ben has been quite helpfull so far.

Never bought from a dealer before but hoping for a bit more security with the warrenty etc.

These pics were taken just after it came off the transporter the other day so about 2months of dirt from shipping etc.

cheers..

MarkyD

Advanced Member
I'm sure you won't be disapointed. Welcome to the club! =D> =D>

Start saving for the fast road setup and induction kit :D

shauny

Funny enough suspension is first on the cards,It has the bonus of already having an hks exhaust by the looks of it.
Another job is getting that seat bolster sorted although not as bad as some these things annoy me.

cheers.

MarkyD

Advanced Member
The seats are a pain but yours don't look too bad, in fact the whole car looks tip top. The stock suspension can be a bit wayward on long fast corners even with the slightest hint of lift off so eibach springs and a good setup makes a lot of sense. Good effort =D> =D>

blueguy

Resident J's whore
shauny said:
where is the cheapest place to get eibach springs?
Current prices I wouldn't know mate, but Tom at TGM will be able to sort you out.

The car looks like it's in pretty good nick :)

danr19

Advanced Member
shauny said:
Funny enough suspension is first on the cards,It has the bonus of already having an hks exhaust by the looks of it.
Another job is getting that seat bolster sorted although not as bad as some these things annoy me.

cheers.
Mine has an HKS Silent High Power exhaust on it (and standard induction), and it sounds great :D

....And likewise, I'm very precious about keeping the seat bolsters as they should be! I slide the chair back when I get in and out and support myself with my hand on the cill, lowering/lifting myself in and out avoiding the bolsters and mid section supports (not sure what the right term for that part is :oops: ). It's not quite as over the top as it sounds, and it keeps them in tip top condition :) Enjoy the car!

HongKong

Car looks good....did you buy it from Ben at Ebony and Ivory Cars? the compound looks familiar. I bought mine from him 3 years ago, he was spot on I had no issues at all.
Enjoy it :)

shauny

yep its from ebony and Ivory.

Dont know when I will be collecting it as it has do get booked in for sva test etc hopfully within the next couple of weeks.Not sure how long these things take tbh.Nice to hear you had no problems and everything was fine.Hopefully be the same for me....Ben has been good to deal with so far anyway.

cheers

p1tse

Advanced Member
any update
i noticed the pic has no stereo will there be something in its place?

shauny

yeh collected the car and they fitted the oem stereo (without a band expander :roll: )

Check my other topic dude about update.

cheers.