Just spotted this what do people think

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Just spotted this car on pistonheads for sale, seems like a really good price for the car considering the mileage. I am hoping to get my teg in february but this has come up and i was toying with the idea of may-b going to see it. Does anyone know the dealiership or has anyone seen that car before.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/798292.htm

Thanks for the replys

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
That was up for £13,995 a couple of weeks ago, one of the reasons I put my Milano Red Teg up at £12,995 ( lower mileage and a recent clutch change :D ), it's practically the exact same spec as that.

That's not a bad price for that, as much as I hate to admit it :cry:

If you do go look at it make sure you ask if it's had the steering rack recall done xthumbsup

civic17_99

Advanced Member
ahhh ok will do. I do like the red but i have also seen Blue ones and think they look really good.

Thanks for the replys :)

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
you shouldn't be affected by the recall with a 2003 model....

chassis number that were affected are DC5 10000018 to DC5 1010207
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=335

mine is a 2003 and starts DC5-21....

like them in red too but the other half have a red civic sport so didn't want to get mine in red, my previous car was black so wanted a change and knew I would never be able to keep a white one clean.

so it was blue for me :D

civic17_99

Advanced Member
well i currently own a red civic coupe and really liked the blue on the tegs but red is also very nice. Decisions decisions lol

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I have just given the guy a ring, hes a private trader. He offers finance etc. What do people think of private traders?

Anything i should be weary of.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I have emailed the guy to ask a few questions about the car but it comes with no warranty. This is the reason he gave me.

"A car that has been taken in as a part exchange from a customer of mine to clear. Therefore there is sadly no warranty as hopefully, you can appreciate, Chris - it is a reasonably priced example. As for finance, you will receive a telephone call from Marc at Absolute Credit, where he will help you as much as he can."

What are peoples thought's.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I would look at a personal loan rather then a car dealer loan shark. You will pay more for sure.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Yeh i might do that also i think spending that much money is a bit risky on a car thats got no warranty dont you think?

civic17_99

Advanced Member
aparently it doesnt come with warranty because.....

"A car that has been taken in as a part exchange from a customer of mine to clear. Therefore there is sadly no warranty as hopefully, you can appreciate, Chris - it is a reasonably priced example."

Thats what hes said to me

tedg

Advanced Member
forget a trader that offers zero warranty - thats the whole point someone who resells cars. For zero warranty i would buy a loved example from someone on these forums..

Christ i sold mine privately and if twisted I could even be willing to put on a couple of weeks warranty as i know it is a strong example.

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
To be honest, 99% of the cars I've had with a 3 month warranty have never needed anything doing until a couple of months after the warranty ends. Sods law and all that.

If you find a well looked after, low mileage DC5 it'll be as good as one if not better than one with a warranty. Pretty muche exactly what Tedg has said already. It's almost more likely to have been serviced recently than a p/x at a trader, as they'll want to do minimum spend to sell the car back on.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I spoke to him again today and he said if i wanted a warranty it can be arranged. But yeh the cars done hardly any miles atall. I am off to see it tomorrow so i will fill u all in when i get back.