Just want your opinion...

alan-lee

Advanced Member
OK!

so basically, had my Teg nearly a year now.. changed from a Glanza which i had forged and td04'd sitting around 250+bhp which was great fun but needed something more comfortable and bit nicer inside etc.

So the DC5 ticked all the boxes really, but to be honest i think i miss BOOST. But love the noise of the teg so dont know which road to go, should i sell up, go for something turbo, like an evo etc and pay bigger premiums on most things petrol, insurance etc

or should i stick with the teg, maybe frank it, change the colour of it etc? Like i love my teg and its a really really clean car and goes really well as is.. i just dont know if i have the heart in it...

What would you do?

Discuss!

:)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
yeah maybe, the other thing that puts me off modding it is the fact that you have to spend big money on the teg to get any sort of power... like i spent big money on my glanza nearly 6k not including the car, the engine was built for 400bhp just never put a bigger turbo on it.. i like the idea of a frank engine tho..

alan-lee

Advanced Member
yeah mate it has been going through my head too, and would really need to put more research into it, would rather go the frank route tho if any as its more rare especially in northern ireland

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I think so yeah, when I got my DC2 there was only me and a couple of mates into jap cars and they both had glanzas, one TD04'd with 220ish bhp which was a lot quicker than mine. I was all for selling the DC2 and getting one until we went on track and the teg left pretty much anything sub 300bhp for dead, with only some R888s and Dixcel pads. They really punch above their weight mate, especially once you play with the chassis/brakes etc, much more enjoyment from that side of mods IMO.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
mmm thats a very good point mate, pity there isnt too many places to go on track in N.I but maybe next year i myt get over to one in the mainland! must keep a lookout for some over this area in the new year and maybe get the car set up in one way or another!

thanks for the reply mate!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
when you say "FRANK" do you mean change the engine for something different? if so its a huge mistake, the k20 is hugely capable and very tough. 3-4k on the right mods will see a transformed car

alan-lee

Advanced Member
when you say "FRANK" do you mean change the engine for something different? if so its a huge mistake, the k20 is hugely capable and very tough. 3-4k on the right mods will see a transformed car
sorry mate i meant a k24 frank! have a guy who done all the work on my glanza who is willing to do it for me if i want getting the k24 is the problem tho

alan-lee

Advanced Member
217 at wheels? not to be too nosey but roughly much have you spent to get that? just induction kit and exhaust?

dotty

Advanced Member
Feels header, RBC inlet, kpro, Arc induction, Mugen twin loop.. Not the cheapest set up!