Just went through my yearly insurance renewal

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Agreed about the waiting times, that used to frustrate me. Although for a balanced debate, it can take some time with Greenlight however no where near as bas as Sky were.

MrRy

Advanced Member
Totally agree about choosing the right insurance company. In the past I've had to threaten Adrian Flux a few times with the financial ombudsman before they have backed down on things like, charging me for car insurance after they found out I went over the agreed mileage, even though it was 2 years prior that happened, and so forth. I often play the gamble of not having a crash though.

Agree with MilanoChris in that it is typical forum mindlessness:

"I use these insurers, they are great" - never had a crash.
"I think this oil is the best because my engine hasn't blown up" - has no idea about the science of oil, respect for OEM specificiations and they just do things like asking a salesmen like Opie Oils for "advice".
"I recommend this manifold over that, because person X had this, person Y had this, and person Y was happier" - Totally subjective to each persons individual setup and usage of car.
"These guys are the best mappers around" - knows nothing about mapping, has only ever used a couple of mappers, bums off other forum members feedback.

Etc. Forums ARE great, but they contain so much misinformation based on various skewed sources and citations it is unreal, so don't take most things as gospel. This thread is purely to say who gave me the best price and who was the nicest to deal with.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Of course they are, they are one of the few underwriters in the country.

Greenlight sell Markerstudy policies.
My greenlight is underwriten by ageas, i was told they are the only ones that greenlight use for their performance car policies.

And yeah you're right about people saying such and such is great when they haven't had an accident, I chose greenlight as they had great feedback from people who have had accidents, and their team is small and very competent with our cars and the associated mods etc.

I guess you'll never know for sure unless you actually have a accident and go through their procedure.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Well that was a lie from Greenlight, I can't be certain but I'm fairly sure that Markerstudy was the first quote they came back with, I was then moved to Highway/LV on another policy. Things may have changed, though.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Just read that, reminds me all to well of what happened to me in 2009. I'll never use Sky again, I'd rather lose out on £500 a year knowing that I'll be with a decent broker/underwrite. We are talking about values for cars here and customer service, heaven forbid if there were legal avenues that had to be pursued as a result of an incident.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I would rather pay more for a reputable good business than less for an unknown or un-tested company with no real reviews of their process post accidents (should the worst ever occur). Not sure what all are paying but I have a good quote through Admiral this year £409 F/C with me and my partner, modified etc.

I have had quotes down to £315 but I would rather stick with a company I know are good and reputable and I know people who have been with them when they had accidents and never had a problem.

Keith Michaels was on my to call list today as my insurance is up on the 12th, but thinking of sticking for the £409 and a good service.