Kärcher Under Chassis Cleaner

Ricky11

Took my car out the other day with some mates and the car is covered in crap and most likely salt is present on the bottom of the chassis, the car got undersealed a few weeks ago so not a major issue.

But still does anyone use one of these for extra protection? In theory its a good/ sensible idea to work alongside the underseal to protect the car from rust.

Ricky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TtWib9vXM

Midnight

Advanced Member
How is that a good idea?

You'll be getting water in all sorts of gaps, unless intensely protected underneath (a lot of JDM's are not) then in my opinion you'd only cause more harm than good.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
From injecting the cavity‘s and sealing the inner quarters myself and seeing how many routes from internal to external actually exist by observing the liquid sealant pouring out this is a terrible idea!

Absolutely guaranteed to end up with water where you don‘t want it, intact it would probably carry salts through from the underside of the car into hidden cavity‘s where it will stay damp, harbour and accelerate corrosion significantly.

Warm soapy water, a soft brush and low pressure water to rinse is the only way.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
As above would probably do more damage than good. All the theory is there (ie why you'd want to clean the underside of a vehicle) But in practice will run into problems most likely.

I'd take anything that Performance Cars guy says about car care at face value as from what I've seen he doesn't have a clue what he's doing (purely from a cleaning aspect, not talking about mechanical/servicing stuff).

Ricky11

Oh...... I initially thought this would be a good idea as you wash the outside of the car, so why not wash the bottom.

In theory the bottom is subject to the most aspects of weathering especially as dirt is kicked up by the wheels and spread around whilst on steering lock even with the plastic wheel guards in place.

Looks like iv saved myself abit of money then.

Thanks for the replies!

Torque GT

Parts Trader
If your DC5 is undersealed in any way, I would steer well clear of this. Likelihood is the vehicle will need treating again after being attacked with one of these!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I just turn the nozzle on the pressure washer down to a less powerful output and rinse away the underneath as mine had a fresh under seal done in June, since then every wash it's had I have done this and will continue to do so, keeps the underside clean and removes anything sitting there whilst also not damaging or removing any of the under seal itself.

Not a hard thing to do and doesn't take too long (but does at times mean laying on a wet floor to see where it's spraying lol.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
As above would probably do more damage than good. All the theory is there (ie why you'd want to clean the underside of a vehicle) But in practice will run into problems most likely.

I'd take anything that Performance Cars guy says about car care at face value as from what I've seen he doesn't have a clue what he's doing (purely from a cleaning aspect, not talking about mechanical/servicing stuff).
Was pissing myself when he put the mallet through the rocker cover on his S2000, soon as I heard the clunk 😂

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
Was urineing myself when he put the mallet through the rocker cover on his S2000, soon as I heard the clunk 😂
Lmao. The snow foaming then contact washing at the same time gets me most! The guy must be rinsing money (excuse the pun) down the drain!

Paying for snow foam and gets 0 percent of the benefits by contact washing whilst the surface dirt is still there. Clever clogs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've got a Nilfisk pressure washer and you get an underbody attachment for it, its just a 90degree nozzle with a very wide spray pattern (so reasonably low pressure), makes rinsing the underside and wheel arches very easy!!

BigCarlo

Im I the only one that hates this bloke? what a clown just wanting clicks to make money to sit a home and buy cars. He knows nothing more than some very basic diy crap when it comes to cars

SamDC5

Advanced Member
BigCarlo said:
Im I the only one that hates this bloke? what a clown just wanting clicks to make money to sit a home and buy cars. He knows nothing more than some very basic diy crap when it comes to cars
I find him and the likes of Jamie FYD really hard to watch.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
He seems a nice guy! Just doesn't know what he's doing cleaning maintenance wise. No biggy.

I say fair play for spending time making editing and putting his face behind the camera. Fair play also if he makes money from it, if people are begrudeing him making money they're the clowns for clicking on his videos.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I find him and the likes of Jamie FYD really hard to watch.

I don't watch much of either but agree with the Jamie FYD. Seems a lovely guy but he doesn't review cars like he says he does. Just showcases them. Without being a tosser if your reviewing yoube gotta be critical where it's due.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I don't watch much of either but agree with the Jamie FYD. Seems a lovely guy but he doesn't review cars like he says he does. Just showcases them. Without being a tosser if your reviewing yoube gotta be critical where it's due.

Every car is the best car in the world in his reviews🤣 seems a sound guy but I just don't get on with his channel. I don't want many car channels as they end up doing my head in, Monkey London is probably my favourite because it's funny 🤣

2ndy

Advanced Member
The water doesn‘t come out of those with much power. I wouldn‘t be much worse than driving in every rain.