K&N filters, Its wet!

osiras

Advanced Member
As the title says some d**k, well me. has managed to empty the entire content of my washer bottle over my two month old k&n filter and supprisingly .... its pretty wet. Now compared to the paper filter that i got with the aem system first, i know the K&N is "washable" but how long do i leave it dry? anyone know or have a suggestions

appreacite any info and help, thanks guys

sinbad

Advanced Member
osiras said:
As the title says some d**k, well me. has managed to empty the entire content of my washer bottle over my two month old k&n filter and supprisingly .... its pretty wet. Now compared to the paper filter that i got with the aem system first, i know the K&N is "washable" but how long do i leave it dry? anyone know or have a suggestions

appreacite any info and help, thanks guys

Just rinse it through with cold water, let it air dry until well.. its dry and then re oil using the K&N stuff and refit.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
i washed my k&n out of my gruppe m in very soapy water, dried it out throughly (did use an airline blower at work) and sprayed WD40 all over the inside and outside, looked brand new when finished :D

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
yeah it'll be fine as its only a lubricant, k&n oil is just a bit thicker, i used wd40 on my filter when i had a gtir and that sucked in more air than the dc-5 and worked fine

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
blow with an air line or hair dryer for a few minutes (from the inside out) to get the worst out then refit and go for a blast, will soon dry it out, when you are driving in the rain some moisture will go through the system anyway so i wouldnt worry about it, when its dry then re-lube.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
ok, so you then cover the filter in oil, its the same principal in covering it with WD40 obviously not whilst the engine is running

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
:-k you guys know a car works on using combustion? ...... right? so even if some WD40 did get via the air intake, it still ends up in the same place as the petrol :-"

madrab

Advanced Member
honestly mate i thought there was a hamster turning a wheel, learn something new every day

eXceed

Resident Driver
madrab said:
honestly mate i thought there was a hamster turning a wheel, learn something new every day
haha I think the problem more than anything is if temperatures get up to a certain level under the bonnet and the filter material creating a catalyst for combustion to er... prematurely rear its head. Although thinking about it that is VERY unlikely to occur.

Aly

Advanced Member
id be more concerned about my vtec going yo than a lil bit of WD40