K&N..

boz5r

Advanced Member
Hi just a short one does the K&N filter for the CTR EP3 fit the DC5 oem airbox ? and does anyone do a cold air feed direct to the oem airbox? thanx.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Yes it will fit.

Why do you need another cold air feed to the OE box? I don't think you'll be gaining much :?

Unless you mean a direct replacement to the OE cold feed? If so then I don't think so.

Suped

Advanced Member
Have one and love it. For me, its very suited as I didn't like the loud noiseyness of the GruppeM or the K&N style suction of the Top Fuel. Doesn't produce the best results or the lowest intake temps but sure does fill the space up on the engine bay.

The AEM v2 sounds the quietest of the lot IMO which is what I was after and I'm also a AEM/DC sports brand whore! :lol:

wullie

Advanced Member
really? i wanted noisier, i want to hear the vtec scream. i thot this would be pretty loud!! im kinda disappointed now!LOL i cant afford the grouppe m. i just want a kind of noisey ind kit that gives reasonable gains. oh, and lookjs good. that so much to ask?!

Suped

Advanced Member
You really want the GruppeM then. Had one and only lasted about 2 weeks before it drove me insane and sold it.

Sometimes, they do crop up on the FS section, keep an eye out.

wullie

Advanced Member
iv been looking but its alot of money. i only really have 200 to spend. rest of my wages go on fuel!

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Get an AEM CAI kit then mate.

Cheap, good gains, good noise... just don't drive through deep puddles.

rossco

is the group m still £400+ :?: ,if so thats a ridiculous amount of money for a bit of noise

conoroneill

Advanced Member
rossco said:
is the group m still £400+ :?: ,if so thats a ridiculous amount of money for a bit of noise
Em.. It's not just 'a bit of noise'. It's a carbon fibre RAM induction kit that produces more overall torque and BHP than any other kit. However, as with any induction kit, the benefits only really become apparent when twinned with a good manifold, cat back and a tailor tuned KPRO ECU.

rossco

conoroneill said:
rossco said:
Em.. It's not just 'a bit of noise'. It's a carbon fibre RAM induction kit that produces more overall torque and BHP than any other kit. However, as with any induction kit, the benefits only really become apparent when twinned with a good manifold, cat back and a tailor tuned KPRO ECU.
if your going to do all that then maybe its worth it,but if not its a bit mad spending£400 on a filter

conoroneill

Advanced Member
rossco said:
if your going to do all that then maybe its worth it,but if not its a bit mad spending£400 on a filter
The filter in the Gruppe M is made by K&N and costs around £90.

What you're paying top dollar for is the carbon fibre airbox and scoop.

boz5r

Advanced Member
Cheers might just get the gruppe m anyway its not a lot more than the 5zigen.

wullie

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Get an AEM CAI kit then mate.

Cheap, good gains, good noise... just don't drive through deep puddles.
exactly what im looking for, thanx!!!

raz786

Advanced Member
First mod i did was the K&N Typhoon Induction kit, and i LOVED the sound it made, my mate had the AEM V2 Kit which was deep throughout but didnt change note as much in VTEC, whereas the K&N sounded awesome in vtec, just thought I'd share my opinion :D :D