K-Pro tomorrow

dan the man

Advanced Member
cat back...?

i thought u couldnt keep the cat if u got a header?i take it thats what your toda is.... :? :|

Evs

Advanced Member
It's just called a cat-back because on an otherwise standard car it fits to the cat and runs back from there. 'From that triangular flange that is usually part of the cat but isn't if you've got a race header or decat - back' is also a bit of a mouthful and you'd sound like a loon. :wink: :lol:

The Toda mani replaces the OEM 4-2 and 2-1/cat ie everything from the cylinder head back to that flange. HTH?

BTW - User - I think you will be pleased with the KPro fella! :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
let us know what it makes before and after if you can, its a similar set up to mine spo id be interested

User

Advanced Member
Back now.

Had it done with Paul @ System-r.

It's made 204bhp atw, bear in mind different rollers give different figures. Talking about peak power doesnt tell half the story to how the car pulls now. Like a god damn train tbh. Massive power band - 4250rpm it pulls right up to 8850rpm.

Best thing though is how the car now just bolts out of corners/islands/bends - it's insane.

Well worth it boys, beg borrow or steal the money to have it done.

8)

PLEASE NOTE, THIS HAS BEEN EDITED - REFEREL TO STREET RACING --- NOT WELOCOME ON THIS FORUM.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
:( Was hoping you were going to say it was not worht money, and a complete waste of time. :roll:

Wouls have saved me a fortune then :lol:

macer

Advanced Member
Ok thats it, its Lady Boy time for me. I just have to have one, have not heard one bad story so far

Evs

Advanced Member
Thought you'd be happy, and glad you are! xthumbup

User said:
It's made 204bhp atw
Interesting comparison there - yours made 2bhp more than mine made on the same rollers three weeks ago (with GruppeM / Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 / Buddy Club Spec IV).

Zero7

Advanced Member
did you have a full day's mapping or did he do it in half a day, can I ask how much it was to buy the ECU and what the mapping was as I will be having it done soon'ish.

you can pm me if you don't want to post it up. Cheers

User

Advanced Member
No I dont mind saying - it was around 3 hours on the dyno - £880 all in.

User

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Thought you'd be happy, and glad you are! xthumbup

User said:
It's made 204bhp atw
Interesting comparison there - yours made 2bhp more than mine made on the same rollers three weeks ago (with GruppeM / Spoon 4-2 & 2-1 / Buddy Club Spec IV).
Aye, Paul said mine just hit a wall at 204bhp, no amount of fuel tinkering would make it produce any more power.

Did you have Optimax in? I did.

I'm just off to have a nose at your graph, mine shows it making bucketloads of power well before and even well after peak power. Pretty amazing engines these K20's.

Evs

Advanced Member
User said:
Did you have Optimax in? I did.

I'm just off to have a nose at your graph, mine shows it making bucketloads of power well before and even well after peak power. Pretty amazing engines these K20's.
Yes it did have Optimax in. I'm really chuffed with the power delivery - just linear all the way up to 8800, no dip at VTEC changeover. It's just so much more driveable, difficult to describe properly in words.

Get your graph scanned and posted up mate - really interested to see it :wink:

User

Advanced Member
Yeah cool, I have a scanner at work so I'll scan it Monday.

Compared your plot to mine and they are exactly the same except for around 7000rpm, mine is making just a touch more power and holding it flatter, if that makes sense. But really bugger all in it.

As I'm typing I've had a brainwave - I'll MSpaint yours -

mikegsi

Staff member
gonna have to get mine sorted soon then methinks! more money!!!

do they keep the old ecu as well??

Evs

Advanced Member
User - thanks for that, very interesting indeed xthumbup

So the Spoon mani isn't all that bad after all... :wink:

Mike - the KPro is an OEM ECU that has been modded to take a programmable daughterboard with a USB port. TDI North probably do the mod themselves, but not absolutely sure. They usually have a ready-modded one in stock and just swap them over. So no you don't end up with a standard part as a spare. Tbh you won't care about this once you've driven the car a few hundred yards :D and if you wanted to sell it then just offer the same deal £xxx to swap a standard ECU for a KPro... :idea:

[Edit]