K-pro - What's the going price?

luffy

Advanced Member
sounds high to me. prob better getting a new one that is DC5 specific i think :wink:

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
:roll:

American one is actually same but with added features, can handle NOS etc

If you dont want it Mart just say :lol:

luffy

Advanced Member
jimmy_atr said:
:roll:

American one is actually same but with added features, can handle NOS etc
ooooh didn't know that. didn't think it was compatable? but i am usually wrong as i am a chav! 8)

tara

Advanced Member
Sold mine for £500 plus exchange :wink: but then I'm not a money grabbing git :p

Evs

Advanced Member
tara said:
Sold mine for £500 plus exchange
Me too IIRC, but there were a few for sale at the time

£850 seems a bit steep - I would say £500-600 exchange or £700-800ish tops outright, dependent on supply & demand.

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
tara said:
Sold mine for £500 plus exchange :wink: but then I'm not a money grabbing git :p
Firstly mine isnt exchange, its standalone ECU unit

And secondly judging by the interest i'd say it wasnt overpriced.

Im no money grabbing git either, priced fairly to sell. Try buying a PRB/PRC ECU and then K-Pro'ing it and then having it mapped for manifold and exhaust system for less than £850.

Also stu sold his K-Pro'd ECU with exchange for £600, surely extra £250 for no exchange worth it :?:

Not our fault if you sold yours cheap either :lol:

timp

Advanced Member
628.08 for k pro including VAT System R.

65 per hour for dyno and mapping excluding vat. Approx 2 hours needed

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
timp said:

65 per hour for dyno and mapping excluding vat. Approx 2 hours needed
Yep so about £780 for a K-Pro taking yours in exchange

tara

Advanced Member
jimmy_atr said:
Also stu sold his K-Pro'd ECU with exchange for £600, surely extra £250 for no exchange worth it :?:

Not our fault if you sold yours cheap either :lol:

Ok son keep your knickers on :lol: and the one Stu sold was my old one so it looks like he owes me £50 :)

Martctr

Advanced Member
Hey sorry didn't want to cause trouble and kinda hoped Jimmy wouldn't be looking (bad me).

I appreciate the price has a whole ecu rather than just having a current ecu chipped up.

My only reservation is that I'm not likely to change the manifold so I'd have to get it mapped for gruppe m or aem cai and a catback. Does anyone know if Honda uk can code the keys? I'm pretty sure it works like the ep3 (constant flashing green light if keys not codded).

Anyone got a map for the cai and catback?

I just took the k-pro off my civic and I miss it so I really do need to sort one for a DC5 so I can move on lol

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Are these PRB Ecu's from Jostrom by any chance?

If they are they have a new feature which allows you to datalog to the ecu without having to have your laptop plugged in. Then once your done, you can pull up then download the logs to your laptop.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:

If they are they have a new feature which allows you to datalog to the ecu without having to have your laptop plugged in. Then once your done, you can pull up then download the logs to your laptop.
My KPRO upgrade done by TDi North features datalogging.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
tron2k3 said:

My KPRO upgrade done by TDi North features datalogging.
Does it allow on board datalogging which stores on the ecu? and doesn't require your laptop to datalog?

jostrom

Advanced Member
The going price seems to be ~£870 for a new PRB K-Pro :wink: This includes delivery as well. It's from the new K-Pro board batch that have the on-board datalogging, which means that you can datalog even without a laptop. Check my signature :wink:

timp

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
timp said:
That's actually £628.08 PLUS VAT mate. £738 including.
Yeah sorry conor your right.

I payed 928.93 for the K pro, fitting and tunning (two and a half hours)

Tim

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Here in Germany it´s round about 1000€. With prof. setup approx 1700€.