K Sport brakes

raz786

Advanced Member
Has anyone had any experience wish K Sport brakes? Was thinking of maybe getting the 8 pot caliper with 330mm discs, anyone heard good or bad things? I know a fair few people are using them and think they're better than the D2 kit, but any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks guys

ollydc5

Advanced Member
alright dude i've been talking to alot of people about brakes lately as i'm getting to the point where mine or really worn and need changing. i've looked into quite alot of different options. when i first started looking i came accross the k-sport and d2 brakes, they seemed to offer alot on paper but when talking to more people in the know they said not to bother. there are alot of better options for either the standard brembos or other brake kits available. in the end i found that the comp tech brakes offered the best value for money. if your thinking of spending around the thousand pound mark you can do better. you also have to think about spares and repairs later on in the life of the kit. you can struggle getting bits if things go wrong.

i can't personally tell you that they're better or worse than others kits, just that you can do better for your money. hope this helps a little. talk to TGM as they really are top people.

raz786

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info mate, was thinking about them as I've been offered a set for about £800, so thought it would be a good buy seeing as other set-ups, e.g. the Paul G setup, is around the £500 mark IIRC? Still in 2 minds, think i'm gonna need a clutch soon :(

ollydc5

Advanced Member
here's a conversation that i had with paul from buddyclubuk the other day stating that he can do a 4 pot kit with fitting for £749. not bad to be fair. cheapest kit i've found thats well worth the money.

Hi Olly,

we have only just finished developing the comp brake rotor/bell/pad kits, they are on our Demo car with STD Brembo Calipers and we have tested them to our satisfaction, we are the sole exclusive seller of the kit.
the two piece rotor and bell are £410 and the pads are £110.if you want a full kit including 4 pot calipers it is £749.

Call me to discuss your requirements 01772 299820.
Regards,
Paul,

raz786

Advanced Member
With that set-up you wouldn't actually need the caliper, so that set-up used with our standard caliper would cost £520. Anybody else had any experiences of this kit? Just thought that the 8 pot would be better than the 4 pot :?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
thats right mate.£520 using your standard brembo's. don't always get facinated by brakes with so many pots, wont always make them the better system.good luck chap

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there are several options that can use the std brembos, all at around the same price.
Personally i used J's heat treated discs and Performance friction 01 compound pads and the brakes were awesome.
As for D2 and K Sport (the same but different colours) Tom set some on fire during a roadtest in a customers EP3, they were not impressive.
TGM- brembo rotors and custom centres £500 ish
Paul G- AP rotors and custom centres £500 ish
BC - ?? rotors and ?? centres, (prob AP or Brembo)

raz786

Advanced Member
Cheers for that Si, will look into my options before I change.

Si you still haven't let me know about my graphs!! ;)

Mark_teg

Staff member
C&S Evo7 said:
there are several options that can use the std brembos, all at around the same price.
Personally i used J's heat treated discs and Performance friction 01 compound pads and the brakes were awesome.
As for D2 and K Sport (the same but different colours) Tom set some on fire during a roadtest in a customers EP3, they were not impressive.
TGM- brembo rotors and custom centres £500 ish
Paul G- AP rotors and custom centres £500 ish
BC - ?? rotors and ?? centres, (prob AP or Brembo)
Simon, I believe they're 'P1 Racing' discs and BC centres with Hawk pads :wink: