K Tuned shifter box and accessories

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Hi guys and girls

Quick question, recently purchased a K Tuned shifter box and race cables.

Got the shifter box through the post last weekend (still waiting for the cables - not in stock yet). Fitted the shifter box on its own and it's a lovely bit of kit and its solid.

So judging from the fact the box is solid with OEM cables are the K Tuned cables actually necessary apart from added strength for heavy usage? (Thinking of cancelling the cables and saving 375)

And also side to side play is non-existent at all, however there is a small amount of front to back play. Anyone know what I could do/buy to solve this?

Cheers in advance. Any help would be appreciated

kazmo

Advanced Member
just change the shift cable bushings on the gearbox end for solid ones, from what i can understand the race cables are just that, cables but have these bushings made into thm instead of rubber ones inserted. just be careful which ones you get as ones from the states don't tend to fit being made for the RSX and not ITR's.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Ahh top man Kazmo. Thanks alot for that. A couple of good mates mentioned that I just wanted a second opinion. So that's most likely what I'll do.

Cheers mate

miki1212

Advanced Member
ktuned race cables are a good option if you absolutely need to replace your oem ones as they are a lot cheaper than new ones from honda. if there is nothing wrong with your existing cables just changing the bushes in the end will have the same effect, and a lot cheaper and much less hassle than changing the cables for no reason. as said above make sure you get them for JDM and not RSX!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have the Hybrid Racing shifter cables. Great bit of kit. They are sorting out the bushings now so that they will fit our cars.

How much was the shifter and where from?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Shifter box was from Tegiwa and cost just shy of £400. Yeah didn't like the sound of HR after the bushing faults. I'm all sorted now though so cheers for the input guys. Thanks alot.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Don't go for the ktuned cables, as their shifter bushings are completely solid I believe.

The hybrid racing cables / bushings have a ball joint movement which is better.

I have a set of their bushings to go in, but hybrid racing are current sending out new sets to everyone as their last batch had fitment issues..

Ktuned shifter is a piece of art though, been very tempted for a long time

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I have a set of M&M honda bushes,.... they are solid bushes with absolutely zero issues apart from excellent gear changes. ;) I would recommend them to everyone....and being Jap they fit.

Stewlark

Advanced Member
I run the ktuned shifter and there race cables and it drives great. Each to there own I spose, but I didn't find to hard compared to oem.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Don't go for the ktuned cables, as their shifter bushings are completely solid I believe.

The hybrid racing cables / bushings have a ball joint movement which is better.

I have a set of their bushings to go in, but hybrid racing are current sending out new sets to everyone as their last batch had fitment issues..

Ktuned shifter is a piece of art though, been very tempted for a long time
Cheers for the input Luke. Ended up with a set of the M and M ones in the end.

Definitely get on the shifter box mate its brilliant. Only problem I've been driving more spirited ever since which means lower MPG haha.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I have a set of M&M honda bushes,.... they are solid bushes with absolutely zero issues apart from excellent gear changes. ;) I would recommend them to everyone....and being Jap they fit.
Cheers for that Jimmer I have done just that and gone for the M&M.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Stewlark said:
I run the ktuned shifter and there race cables and it drives great. Each to there own I spose, but I didn't find to hard compared to oem.
Yeah I bet it does mate. I wasn't questioning the quality of the product I was just questioning "is it really worth dropping 375 on them when oem was performing fine (other than the marginal forward and backward play)

miki1212

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Yeah I bet it does mate. I wasn't questioning the quality of the product I was just questioning "is it really worth dropping 375 on them when oem was performing fine (other than the marginal forward and backward play)
agreed, if you change the bushes its completely pointless changing the cables as well unless they are shot..

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
miki1212 said:
agreed, if you change the bushes its completely pointless changing the cables as well unless they are shot..
That's it mate. And the amount of track time I will be doing is minimal so I can't see how the added strength would benefit unless I was tracking on a regular basis.

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Point taken