K Tuned Shifter Cables

Rob R

Advanced Member
Just had a set of these fitted and OH MY LORD what an improvement.

Gearbox is now like a rifle, precise and punchy.

Would highly recommend these. Still got my K Tuned shifter box to fit, just waiting for the billet box mounts to turn up. Can't wait

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
these look like a quality item, do you mind me asking how much everything cost all in? as its definitely something im considering!

also i bet the shifter box will transform it again!

kneedowndean

Advanced Member
Would also like to know how big a job was the cable change. I am going to get the billet shifter and cables for my TEG when it arrives but not sure if I can handle the job myself. Also, was it the Oem spec of race spec?

Rob R

Advanced Member
Cables work out £238 from Tegiwa with forum discount and the shifter box is £393, so £630'ish delivered. Big outlay but it's probably what you do most of in your car so you feel the benefit of it.

Shifter cables aren't too big a job. I had it done on a ramp but you could probably get away with just jacking passenger side of car up to feed the cables through.

I just went for the OEM/Street spec cables as mines a daily but the difference is night and day. Race spec must be incredible.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i know that the k tuned shifter box is the best you can get...

but for the cables, i would have a look at the hybrid racing ones, as they incorporate flexi ball joints in the shifter bushings at the gearbox end, which increase the shift feel compared to the solid shifter bushes in the k tuned ones...

i cant remember the technical reason why, but its detailed on the hybrid racing site somewhere..

Rob R

Advanced Member
It would be detailed on the Hybrid site if they're trying to flog them lol.

If something allows flex I can't see how they can have a solid feel to them, but each to their own :)

James-T

Advanced Member
K-Tuned still have 'anti binding' flex due to rubber rings around their bushes.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
James T said:
K-Tuned still have flex due to rubber rings around their bushes.
fair doos then!

just pretty sure i read that completely solid ones are not much better than oem...

looks like k tuned addressed this too :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
James T said:
Fully solid ones are horrendous!
haha someone backed up my claim!

ye tegiwa used to sell solid shifter bushes for the ep3 which got slated, and were replaced with their hybrid racing reps which i had and were quality!

but getting genuine hybrid racing for the dc5, treating it better haha

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I was going to go for the fully solid ones from Ktuned but they don't fit our cars. Plus I have heard bad things about them (stiff changing, ruining cables etc) so I went for the HR ones instead. One is a ball joint affair which means it's still solid but has a small amount of flex as to not strain any part of the cable or linkage. Twice the price granted but a lot better bushing.

James-T

Advanced Member
OK well there's a difference between the solid ones Tegiwa used to sell, and the K-Tuned jobbies. K-Tuned ones don't cause stiff changes or ruin cables etc :)

Rob.

Advanced Member
I use Hybrid Racing cables with K Tuned billet shifter in the race car an it really is no comparison to the standard (what was sloppy) shifter

Soo much better :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Rob. said:
I use Hybrid Racing cables with K Tuned billet shifter in the race car an it really is no comparison to the standard (what was sloppy) shifter

Soo much better :)
Sounds like the perfect set up, maybe next year I'll save up and invest!