k-tuned shifter

nsxer

Advanced Member
got this installed in the car recently along with getting the M-Tec springs installed as well
I also previously had the shifter bushings as part of the GB on here.

Just a wee review on this shifter - VERY positive, certainly night and day compared to the OEM box in my car. Added with the other mods/fixes done its a lot more assured and has a nice feel now
I just could not wait any longer for the GB on the shifter on here as the OEM was a major disappointment ... albeit improved with the tegiwa short shifter kit and the k-tuned billet piece replacement.

An essential mod IMHO as just adds to the driver experience this car brings

Just my thoughts

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
nsxer said:
got this installed in the car recently along with getting the M-Tec springs installed as well
I also previously had the shifter bushings as part of the GB on here

Just a wee review on this shifter - VERY positive, certainly night and day compared to the OEM box in my car. Added with the other mods/fixes done its a lot more assured and has a nice feel now
I just could not wait any longer for the GB on the shifter on here as the OEM was a major disappointed ... albeit improved with the tegiwa short shifter kit and the k-tuned billet piece replacement.

An essential mod IMHO as just adds to the driver experience this car brings

Just my thoughts
Couldn't agree more tbh mate!

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
I'd love one, but seem to miss every one that's advertised with a realistic price...
It's deffinately on my wish list though,

Ross

nsxer

Advanced Member
My advice don't wait to get one ... Just do it a great mod ... People would spend more on something that would do very little in increasing driver satisfaction

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
nsxer said:
My advice don't wait to get one ... Just do it a great mod ... People would spend more on something that would do very little in increasing driver satisfaction
I also totally agree! I've spent a fair amount of money on other mods from suspension mods to silly expensive wheels and the shifter is by far the most rewarding imo.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I installed mine yesterday, replaced the Strut King shortshifter. So curious what the difference is between them.
Have the M-Tec springs waiting to install, but first want to check the difference ;)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Kingy made a short shifter?

There's a few places that are anti short shifter actually, as it places more wear on the syncro's.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Kingy made a short shifter?

There's a few places that are anti short shifter actually, as it places more wear on the syncro's.
Yes, had it on the car the last 6 years. But what a difference it is compared with the K-tuned shifter

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
If you've not tried a K-Tuned shifter you're welcome to see what mine is like when we are at Brands in a couple of weeks Chris. Mine has standard cables but with M&M bushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I've got a B&M shifter with ktuned cables, haven't tried it on track yet though but it's quite stiff on the road. I do wonder if my clutch is on its last legs which won't help matters.

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
I've got the normal ktuned shifter but didn't get the cables anyways shall i get the ktuned shifter bushings before I install it ?????

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
RNP said:
Are M&M bushes a direct fit if we're using OEM cables?
Yes.

I run OEM cables, M&M bushes, and the K-Tuned shifter.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Maybe install the shifter only, run it for a week or so, then install the bushes and see if you notice a difference.

Mine was installed all at once so not sure how much improvement is down to the shifter, and how much to bushes. Although my bushes were still pretty solid when they came out. Probably due to low mileage.

Either way, K-Tuned shifter is a great bit of kit.

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Maybe install the shifter only, run it for a week or so, then install the bushes and see if you notice a difference.

Mine was installed all at once so not sure how much improvement is down to the shifter, and how much to bushes. Although my bushes were still pretty solid when they came out. Probably due to low mileage ha ha.

Either way, K-Tuned shifter is a great bit of kit.

Was thinking on doing that but I'm one of them kinda ppl who just wanna get it all fitted in one go rather then to fiddle about with it lol did u get yours from htune???

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I got both the shifter and the bushes from Dave on here. He also did all the fitting as well, in exchange for a Toby Carvery :)