K tuned Shifter

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
So im going to buy myself a K tuned shifter within the next few days, not the race spec just the standard one. I plan on using it with the OEM cables and upgrading the bushings.

Ive searched through the forum for info on what bushings are best and people seem to be talking about the m&m bushes however i can't find where to buy them from. There are some K tuned bushes on H tune but i dont believe they will fit a DC5.

Can anyone recommend which bushes are best and info on where to buy them from? Sorry if this has already been asked a thousand times before...

Anything else people would recommend?

-K tuned shifter (Standard spec)
-K tuned shifter box bushings
-Cable bushings - M&M? Tegiwa? - ideally not tegiwa

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Tricktyper said:
So im going to buy myself a K tuned shifter within the next few days, not the race spec just the standard one. I plan on using it with the OEM cables and upgrading the bushings.

Ive searched through the forum for info on what bushings are best and people seem to be talking about the m&m bushes however i can't find where to buy them from. There are some K tuned bushes on H tune but i dont believe they will fit a DC5.

Can anyone recommend which bushes are best and info on where to buy them from? Sorry if this has already been asked a thousand times before...

Anything else people would recommend?

-K tuned shifter (Standard spec)
-K tuned shifter box bushings
-Cable bushings - M&M? Tegiwa? - ideally not tegiwa
I've got that exact set up and its nothing short of brilliant!

Street spec shifter
OE cables
Ktuned box bushings
M&M Gearbox bushes.

The M&M Honda ones were made specifically for our RHD JDM DC5s. The K Tuned and Hybrid Racing were originally made for an RSX and were crap when they were first used on our cars and had loads of slack!

Can't comment on them now mind, I know HR did a 're vamp ones for the JDM DC5.

I would avoid the Tegiwa ones on the chance they aren't brilliant, know a few cases in the past and one recently where their rep parts have been poor fit!

Others, I know, Will back me up on the M&M Honda bushes!

To get them you want to either PM Dave7386 on here!

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I've got that exact set up and its nothing short of brilliant!

Street spec shifter
OE cables
Ktuned box bushings
M&M Gearbox bushes.

The M&M Honda ones were made specifically for our RHD JDM DC5s. The K Tuned and Hybrid Racing were originally made for an RSX and were crap when they were first used on our cars and had loads of slack!

Can't comment on them now mind, I know HR did a 're vamp ones for the JDM DC5.

I would avoid the Tegiwa ones on the chance they aren't brilliant, know a few cases in the past and one recently where their rep parts have been poor fit!

Others, I know, Will back me up on the M&M Honda bushes!

To get them you want to either PM Dave7386 on here!
Just the info i needed - thanks Chris!

Through searching i noticed a few people had made the mistake of ordering the K tuned and them not fitting. Makes sense they were made for the RSX, i.e the rubbish fitment!

Im not keen on using Tegiwa ones for obvious reasons and 're vamped' ones doesn't fill me full of confidence either so i think il message dave on here! How does he get hold of them?

Ive read so many positive comments on the feel of the K tuned shifter, including yours, that im super excited to get it in and feel the difference. There not cheap, but removing the play in the shifter should make the drive so much better.

Not to mention there a thing of beauty... Machined goodness! :xgrin:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Tricktyper said:
Just the info i needed - thanks Chris!

Through searching i noticed a few people had made the mistake of ordering the K tuned and them not fitting. Makes sense they were made for the RSX, i.e the rubbish fitment!

Im not keen on using Tegiwa ones for obvious reasons and 're vamped' ones doesn't fill me full of confidence either so i think il message dave on here! How does he get hold of them?

Ive read so many positive comments on the feel of the K tuned shifter, including yours, that im super excited to get it in and feel the difference. There not cheap, but removing the play in the shifter should make the drive so much better.

Not to mention there a thing of beauty... Machined goodness! :xgrin:
They are a stunning piece of kit aren't they! Reminds me I need to remove mine and polish it up hehe.

You won't go wrong with the M&M bushes. Even after I fitted the K Tuned (had the bushes fitted some months after getting the shifter), I felt the differences the bushes made immediately!

With regards to how does Dave get gold of them, I am unsure so you'd have to ask him that yourself mate! Probably some special contact in the land of the Rising Sun hahaha.

Sure he'll hell be able to help out!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Is there a proper trader who gets hold of M&M Gearbox bushes?
Not that I know of mate. Just know Dave has sorted out a fair few members with sets all with positive comments about the products.

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
They are a stunning piece of kit aren't they! Reminds me I need to remove mine and polish it up hehe.

You won't go wrong with the M&M bushes. Even after I fitted the K Tuned (had the bushes fitted some months after getting the shifter), I felt the differences the bushes made immediately!

With regards to how does Dave get gold of them, I am unsure so you'd have to ask him that yourself mate! Probably some special contact in the land of the Rising Sun hahaha.

Sure he'll hell be able to help out!

They look so good! Im keeping the centre console in and gear gator etc to keep it looking OEM but it almost feels criminal to hide such a beautiful thing!

Im defiantly sold on these M&M bushes, they certainly sound like the best option if you noticed the difference from simply swapping out the bushes.

Haha, Ok i wont ask anymore who his secret contacts are, as long as he can hook me up with these bushes il be happy!

Thanks for your help & advice. :xgrin: Look forward to getting it in.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Tricktyper said:
They look so good! Im keeping the centre console in and gear gator etc to keep it looking OEM but it almost feels criminal to hide such a beautiful thing!

Im defiantly sold on these M&M bushes, they certainly sound like the best option if you noticed the difference from simply swapping out the bushes.

Haha, Ok i wont ask anymore who his secret contacts are, as long as he can hook me up with these bushes il be happy!

Thanks for your help & advice. :xgrin: Look forward to getting it in.
Hahahaha, sure they won't be secret mate 😂, I just wasn't aware I just paid the money and they arrived haha.

It does look great with the OEM look! I've got mine slightly on show but thinkong about removing centre console totally or as you are with the gaiter.

Shit pic but that's mine atm just a big hole 😂

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Hahahaha, sure they won't be secret mate , I just wasn't aware I just paid the money and they arrived haha.

It does look great with the OEM look! I've got mine slightly on show but thinkong about removing centre console totally or as you are with the gaiter.

excrement pic but that's mine atm just a big hole

That looks awesome mate! :xking: Its so tempting to remove the centre console as it would look great, but im not looking to make my DC5 feel to "stripped out" inside.

I may feel different when its in, il see...

How have you got your shifter set up? Is it set to the shortest throw possible?

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Tricktyper said:
That looks awesome mate! :xking: Its so tempting to remove the centre console as it would look great, but im not looking to make my DC5 feel to "stripped out" inside.

I may feel different when its in, il see...

How have you got your shifter set up? Is it set to the shortest throw possible?
I've got it set up on the medium throw mate:)

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
I've got it set up on the medium throw mate:)

Awesome, cheers fella.

Shifters all ordered now and ive sent Dave a PM so hopefully he will be able to hook me up with the bushes. xthumbup

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
I have the same setup, but with the Hybrid Racing Bushes (the right ones). Got them from HR Imports.
Really a great setup. Only have the M-Tec race springs to install someday...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I've got the B&M short shifter and K tune street cables. I may get the K tunes shifter box plus bushes, we'll see. Gearchange is pretty sweet now I must admit.

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
I have the same setup, but with the Hybrid Racing Bushes (the right ones). Got them from HR Imports.
Really a great setup. Only have the M-Tec race springs to install someday...
How have you found the Hybrid racing bushes mate? Sounds like you dont have any slack with yours? :xgrin:

I was tempted to get the M-tec springs too, but im going to see how i get on with the shifter, shifter bushes and OEM cables first.

Chris. said:
I've got the B&M short shifter and K tune street cables. I may get the K tunes shifter box plus bushes, we'll see. Gearchange is pretty sweet now I must admit.
I haven't noticed this as an option before now to be honest... How are you finding it? Looks like a good bit of kit for the price... Sharpen up the gear changes over OEM a lot?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I had issues with my OEM cables hitting the actual short shifter itself, which made pulling the gearstick back for 2nd, 4th etc feel like mud. So I thought screw it and replaced them. They were quite tight at first but feel great now... or perhaps I'm more used to it!

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Correct no slack in mine. David got me the right ones. The first batch weren't the right ones, they made the right ones a batch later ;)
Really smooth shifting :D

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I had issues with my OEM cables hitting the actual short shifter itself, which made pulling the gearstick back for 2nd, 4th etc feel like mud. So I thought screw it and replaced them. They were quite tight at first but feel great now... or perhaps I'm more used to it!
Hahaaa, but if it feels good to you, who cares right?! :xgrin: :xking:

nsxer

Advanced Member
k tuned shifter with the upgraded bushes and springs is a great mod ... one of the best
not done the cables in mine as they were fine
total transformation from original box ... wtf was honda thinking building that
never in all my years of honda driving have i experienced a woeful box like the dc5