K Tuned TPS, Hall Effect Version

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
K Tuned Hall Effect TPS

Has anyone tried the above TPS? I'm having issues on the Teg and need to get it sorted before selling. I'm on a Skunk 70mm throttle body and I've done the usual cleaning of the IACV etc. But I swapped my TPS for a cheap EBay jobbie, but wish I hadn't bothered. It solved my Rev hunting, but has now got me sat at 2000rpm and with an EML light on. The previous TPS didn't fire up a code at all but wasn't right. I'm looking at the K Tuned Billet or Hall Effect sensor to see how I go. Anyone with any experience, or just even some advice as I'm starting to lose my temper with it now and just need to sell the car.

Cheers, Darren.

Rob.

Advanced Member
Non OEM sensors are known to fail even from new no matter where they come from so if you have calibrated it then send it back or bin it, I've gone through plenty an so have TDI North

Never tried the hall Effect TPS but do know TDI North have started using them due to the other poorly made ones

fly chicken

Advanced Member
i've been fail 4 tps in 3 years , 2 eBay one and 2 k-tuned billet one .....they all same , i'm using the hall effect one now fitted it in TDI north few months ago , it spot on don't have any issue yet . thats the best one in the market .

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
firstly, well done tegiwa for being £30 more than your rival, good start to your new years resolution to tackle your competitors head on.....

secondly, what is the difference between the hall effect tps and the non hall effect, also the non hall effect is costing more?

viggen

Advanced Member
Google k tuned hall effect tps.that will answer your question about how it works.all info is on there website

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
viggen said:
Google k tuned hall effect tps.that will answer your question about how it works.all info is on there website
ive read that it uses magnets etc. which i understand as that resolves any vibration issues.,

just wondering why it is cheaper than the standard TPS they do, as the technology seems better, therefore assumed it would cost more..

Rob.

Advanced Member
The hall effect TPS is a lot more expensive than normal sensors ??

Were about £70 ish for normal TPS last time I had one

viggen

Advanced Member
interesting that after 7 months and 4000 miles my k tuned hall effect tps has failed.very annoyed

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I am shocked! Didn't think these could be affected by vibration damage. Under warranty I'd hope? My tegiwa oem blueprint is still going

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

viggen

Advanced Member
its still under warrenty..but k tuned what me to send it to canada...so im going throught the company i brought it from first..they have offered a refund,so i will find out next week.

my problems where jerky on/off throttle.dead spot at the start of the senor.had to show more than 4% min in kpro to stop jerky throttle..and get to 7500-8000 rpm and kpro was showing tps showing 0% then jumping to 100%.k tuned said it wasnt the sensor it was my cars wiring.so brought a cheap ebay tps sensor,fitted it,all problems have gone.i will post a datalog pic later.kpro shows faulty sensor

Rob.

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
I am shocked! Didn't think these could be affected by vibration damage. Under warranty I'd hope? My tegiwa oem blueprint is still going
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
I'm more shocked your Tegiwa blueprint one is still working !!