K100 mapping, who's the best to go to?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Mega excited as just brought a k100 from rob-r as kinda seeing who's best to take it to for mapping. Rob had it mapped at eurospec which I'm more than happy to return to but thought I'd open it up for opinions and experiences.

I'm not expecting massive gains as only have port matched rbc and 70mm throttle body, standard mani going back on due to noise and a buddy club prospec cat back. Any advice on my setup before mapping in June time (hopefully) is much appreciated.

Olly

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Tdi north?
Paul Work is awesome.
I really wanted to use Paul at tdi as met him a few times at track days but wasn't sure if they mapped the k100 as its a dealer only type unit. Might have a ring around tomorrow see what they say, way closer for me also apposed to south east.
Thanks pal

rascal69

Advanced Member
Kpro is only good with you want to data log.
Also you can tweek the map where as with the k100 you have to do a full map.
Am sure that's the benefit of it.
Am sure someone will come along to prove me wrong. As an not 100% sure

Stoo

Whining.....
You can tweak a k100 map, but you have to do it on a kpro then upload it to k100

Datalog is a good function. I've used it a lot.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Looks like Paul is the man for my car, I've always been keeping an eye out for the kpro but to be fair I'm not that bothered about data logging or even attempt to tweak the map/settings as I'm totally inexperienced with the subject. Trying to make my engine setup final as don't wanna keep mapping cars a lot as I've spent thousands in the past keep swapping parts, unless going for cams which would be nice :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Can recommend Paul 100%. They supplied, fitted and tuned my K100 and they managed to get 247 bhp from the car even with a Twinloop fitted, they definitely know their stuff and are very friendly, they even answer persistent questions without getting annoyed :)

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
what do they charge to map/supply/fit? (tdi)

Can recommend Paul 100%. They supplied, fitted and tuned my K100 and they managed to get 247 bhp from the car even with a Twinloop fitted, they definitely know their stuff and are very friendly, they even answer persistent questions without getting annoyed :)
also whats the best price for a k100 new? i have seen 'cpl' have something like 406pounds written down for k100 and 630ish for a kpro which i think is cheap.....

some 1 has 1 for sale for a 'used' 1 in the parts section for 500?

firthy22

Advanced Member
what do they charge to map/supply/fit? (tdi)

also whats the best price for a k100 new? i have seen 'cpl' have something like 406pounds written down for k100 and 630ish for a kpro which i think is cheap.....

some 1 has 1 for sale for a 'used' 1 in the parts section for 500?
Well it cost me about £1100 all in. But they also fitted the RBC, Tegiwa header and new inlet hose (which they supplied).

I know they charge £350 to get it dyno'd and mapped as I might get mine remapped before Japfest now I've had a CAI fitted. I think K100 supplied installed and mapped is between £850-900.

BTW CPL prices don't have VAT included so I'd ring them for a full price quote.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Just over 500 for k100 chip installed
Just over 750 for kpro chip installed.
That's you sending them your ecu. Which go for 150+
Still need mapped at 350.

brucey87

Advanced Member
anyone have an idea on how much it would cost for tdi-north to tweek my map on my k100? would it be same as full remap or less as already have base map to work from? wont be a long way out.