k100 vs kpro?

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Thinking about getting k100 found it for £293.75, has anyone on here got it? and does it make a big difference in performance? i already have a spoon n,1 supersprint mid pipe and AEM induction kit. or would i get better results from kpro? is it really worth the extra money? what are the benifits? sorry about all the questions :unsure:

Thanks in advance :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Makes a massive difference when tuned properly. More mid range torque and lower vtec point in particular.

Both do exactly the same job, only difference is that you can't adjust or tune anything yourself or get readings on a laptop with the K100. So if like me, it's a one off tune and you won't be tinkering with it yourself K100 is fine.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Both do exactly the same job, only difference is that you can't adjust or tune anything yourself or get readings on a laptop with the K100. So if like me, it's a one off tune and you won't be tinkering with it yourself K100 is fine.

This ^.

Where did you find a K100 for that price and can you get me one too?

The only real difference as firthy said is the fact you can't analyse the data on a laptop yourself with K100, and alter it. But unless you're savvy with the software and know what you're doing, K100 is fine.

.::Ant::.

Advanced Member
If from the price you're refering to the one on ebay at £293.75, that's just a remap I'm afraid mate:

"If you need to purchase a K100 or KPro, then please call us on ********* and we can provide you with a unit at an excellent price."

Unless that excellent price is free, and if it is I'm off down there today, then You'll need to get the ECU first.

K100 is about £700 + VAT and the KPRO is about £900 + VAT, the prices have been holding me back from getting one atm.

brucey87

Advanced Member
All tuners charge roughly the same. TDI North charged me £872 inc vat to supply, fit and map a k100.

Totaly transforms the performance. Powers there straight away instead of waiting until 6k rpm. You wont get much gains for your money though with the mods you have. Fit an rbc and a header then it will be worth it. Have a look at the dyno charts thread to get a rough idea on what mods gain best.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
This ^.

Where did you find a K100 for that price and can you get me one too?

The only real difference as firthy said is the fact you can't analyse the data on a laptop yourself with K100, and alter it. But unless you're savvy with the software and know what you're doing, K100 is fine.

On ebay mate.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320835132083?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_867wt_1139

Obviously this price seems to be to cheap!

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Also be aware that there are counterfeit kpro's running around. check hondata website for more info.
best bet is to get a kpro second hand from USA

Grov

Banned
Mine made 223bhp and 166lbs with K100, tegiwa Box and Catback. Lowered the VTEC to 5400rpm and it did pull better at low revs and seemed to pull better in VTEC, but it wasn't a big difference. Manifold and de-cat would be worth it more.

phozy888

Advanced Member
How do they write the data to the K100 if theres no USB ? does it come out and fit on to something else then mapped and put back into the ECU ?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Doesnt matter where they are from, can be sold anywhere.

They use a kpro to tune the car and write the kal on the eprom i think.