K20 injectors...

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Hi All,

My injectors are making very irritating ticking noises on over run and light load. Ive never noticed un till last week when i put a quieter exhaust setup on the car. I know that k20 injectors are particularly loud and i'm wondering on what a good aftermarket injector is for replacement.
Please can anyone advise if its just oem injectors that are loud, or if the setup of the engine which causes them to be loud? i.e pressures and %load (potential noob question)

Car is roughly 250bhp but would be looking at supercharging within the next 18 months so could be looking at getting larger ones now ready for conversion if it would save me money.

I have looked at replacing for oem as its probably age related, however Honda have said that they would be £1344.44 inc VAT
Car has done 85k miles and has K-pro installed

Many thanks,

Matt

kwiatu

Advanced Member
1000cc ID, or 720cc Bosch ;)

Im going 720cc bosch for cheap for my K20A2 turbo :)

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I've got the RDX injectors. My OEM injectors weren't exactly noisy so I didn't notice noise difference when changed. But, the RDX ones aren't any louder and cost me about £300 from Htune, from memory.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Sorry to hijack your post Matt...

Just wondering if anyone's went to the trouble of having their original OEM injectors professionally cleaned?

Had a set off my old Pulsar back flushed and ultrasonic cleaned many years ago and the difference was night and day in throttle response and eagerness, the economy also shot up but not sure if those were a particularly bad set.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member

Just wondering if anyone's went to the trouble of having their original OEM injectors professionally cleaned?

Had a set off my old Pulsar back flushed and ultrasonic cleaned many years ago and the difference was night and day in throttle response and eagerness, the economy also shot up but not sure if those were a particularly bad set.
There shouldn't really be any need as long as decent fuel is used and if the car is mapped if the mapper has done a proper job.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Matt-DC5 said:
Do you need to modify the connectors on the RDX injectors Kyle?
Yes you do, you'll need the Toyota plugs that miraculously fit. To fit mine I cut off the OEM plugs and re-pinned the loom with the new Toyota plugs. However I did this in haste and a much better plan would have been to get something like the grams converter to retain the OEM clips if I wanted to go back.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
There shouldn't really be any need as long as decent fuel is used and if the car is mapped if the mapper has done a proper job.
In that case the injector spray pattern wasn't correct and droplets where forming on the injector tips, caused by contamination and varnishing of the injectors internals, back flushing and ultrasonic cleaning restored the spray pattern and misting.

Not sure how efficient the fuel filters were on the Pulsars but the injectors were in a pretty bad state, that was in 2004 when the car was 12yrs old, a clean example with good history....

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Yeah it is a valid point but fuel has come on a long way since then, it is much cleaner. I'd be fairly confident that I wouldn't gain much out of cleaning my injectors for example.

Fez

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:

Sombody on the ATR forum dyno tested before and after and gained about 6hp/6trq after cleaning. Iirc.
I fitted s2k injectors to my h22, but had them cleaned, and watched them being done, before and after the spray was much better.
Worth doing imo.