K20 loves breathing mods! Rolling road again today....MPG +

JCW

Advanced Member
well done mate great result, that maxim mani really is a work of art
if you don't mind me asking what made you go for the maxim over the mugen mani ?
just interested to know as they are about the same price and you could of had a complete mugen system8)

andyd

Advanced Member
JCW said:
if you don't mind me asking what made you go for the maxim over the mugen mani ?
just interested to know as they are about the same price and you could of had a complete mugen system8)
Maxim make the Mugen manifold.

Andy

JCW

Advanced Member
really? i know they make them for feels but i didn't know they made the mugen as well...

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Ed,I really like what you`ve done to your Teg...just a couple of questions..could you let me know how much the Maxim mani is and if you know,will it fit straight on to a standard "type" exhaust..pm if you need to,Thanks David

JCW

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr - there's a group buy on manifolds in the for sale section atm, all the prices are in that thread

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
I read good things plus it looked well made, I have seen Mugen manifold in the flesh and although it is sweet I would say the M-Bit looks the better of the two (eg flexi sections can only be a good thing).

JCW said:

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Prices for the manifolds are in another thread on manifolds - and yes the M-Bit will fit straight onto a standard exhaust - with all gaskets/other bits supplied with it too which is handy.

dc5-2ltr said:
Ed,I really like what you`ve done to your Teg...just a couple of questions..could you let me know how much the Maxim mani is and if you know,will it fit straight on to a standard "type" exhaust..pm if you need to,Thanks David

Project

Advanced Member
They did the best they could with the space availiable, designers never think of things like airbox position when they are designing the car

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Just to add a bit more detail to this post as I'm sure some people may read it wondering how the MPG of the car has been affected....

I am consistently getting about 300-350* miles to a tank of Shell V power fuel used on the road with various driving.

Thats about 30 -35MPG!!!!

* 350miles is only acheived when I spend about 1/2 the tank on the motorway, but this can either be cruising or flat out!

(http://www.eforecourt.com/calc_mpg.htm)

This car never fails to astonish me!! To put this in perspective I just travelled round North Wales in our R32 Golf which never managed more than 250 miles per tank (ish).

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Theres a post on here from a trader that sells them, but it was a lot maybe £1500?

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
As above there is a post somewhere on here with comparison of prices, but I'm sure you will be able to get it for less than that :wink: