KAKIMOTO GT1.0Z REVIEW PLEASE..

Vindots

Advanced Member
Been searching around, and found a decent look of kakimoto gt1.0z 60mm pipe straight through design, anyone have had it already? :)
thanks for input guys!much appreciated!

manselldc5

i got the 80mm kakimoto gt1 oz on mine and its extremly louuuuuddddddd!! make sure u get a bung iv just had to order mine from japan!

Vindots

Advanced Member
I'm buying brand new one. but in terms of flow etc.. are they good and worth buying?, because they are worth around $1500NZ so that's about 850UK money..

I think the 80mm ones are 'just' the muffler tip itself not incl. the pipe? because I know GT1.0z are only available in 60mm for hondas? not sure though, but yeah their turbo system for skyline, silvia etc are ~80mm or perhaps he's talking about the size of the tip?

Type_R6

Advanced Member
When you say straight through design do you mean with no silencer on the center pipe? If so then :xlol: :xlol: :xlol:
I loved mine, such i nice tone so smooth with no rasp. But yeah it was LOUD :lol: and it had a center silencer too. The backbox is tiny but suits the dc5 perfectly
Personally i think the kakimoto regu06&r seems more popular and easier to live with. Looks exactly the same but isnt as loud.
Im sure someone who has one (Porthos) with be along soon to give you a better review

Rob R

Advanced Member
I now have an 06&R and MUCH prefer it over my old GT1.OZ (which was in fact Type R 6's old exhaust lol)

Looks alot better, is alot more tolerable noise wise for day to day driving, sounds immense at WOT and IMO.... performs better.

If buying brand new then you have so many options. I'd be looking at a TODA system or a Fujitsubo RM01A.

Have a look around the forums for reviews and see what names keep popping up.

Vindots

Advanced Member
Thanks Rob R,

Type_R6, mate, do you have some pictures of the exhaust in your car, that'd be much appreciated. :)

Type_R6

Advanced Member
Thanks Rob R,

Type_R6, mate, do you have some pictures of the exhaust in your car, that'd be much appreciated. :)
Haha yeah that exhaust has done the rounds on this forum, its on its 4th or 5th member now :lol: I only sold it because i sold the car :xcry:

There you go, brings back memories now :xcry:

Vindots

Advanced Member
That's a real nice master piece ^^^
yeah i don't mind the sound really, as long as it flows really good, as i want a free flowing, because Im looking for some decent gains.
does the Gt10z kit comes with tip silencer?

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
No not really. Talking 3-4bhp loss over other designs. Not really noticeable. Iv got one and love it!

Grov

Banned
But if your buying thousands of pounds worth of mods for more power, i don't see the point in getting a very expensive exhaust, that will give you less power. If it was cheap i could understand............

dotty

Advanced Member
The power loss thing is nonsense, I switched from spoon cat back to twinloop and noticed no difference. I think firthy had his mapped with tegiwa header and made close to 250bhp. Also mugen know their shizzle with these cars and the Japanese love the twin loop, I've seen some cars make good power with the twinloop and some make a little less, but I can assure you, that not one person on here would notice a difference on the road. One thing that does come with mugen is quality and reliability. It also looks the dogs conkers hanging out of the back of a teg :)

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Did you know that the oem back box is a kind of twin loop. The pipe goes into the box in a sort of "Z" shape flow, then it has to go back on itself inside to go back out to atmosphere. I saw a picture in the dc5 Japanese show manual of the inside of the back box. So Mugen have just improved on hondas design in a way.

firthy22

Advanced Member
The power loss thing is nonsense, I switched from spoon cat back to twinloop and noticed no difference. I think firthy had his mapped with tegiwa header and made close to 250bhp. Also mugen know their shizzle with these cars and the Japanese love the twin loop, I've seen some cars make good power with the twinloop and some make a little less, but I can assure you, that not one person on here would notice a difference on the road. One thing that does come with mugen is quality and reliability. It also looks the dogs conkers hanging out of the back of a teg :)
Not quite 250 but I made 246 bhp with a Mugen Twinloop and airbox and considering neither are supposed to give good power gains I'm more than happy. The thing I really like about the Mugen airbox and twinloop is that they sound awesome in Vtec without being too loud.

Being interesting to see if my 5Zigen CAI makes any difference to the Mugen airbox, when I eventually get around to fitting it.

Type_R6

Advanced Member
That's a real nice master piece ^^^
yeah i don't mind the sound really, as long as it flows really good, as i want a free flowing, because Im looking for some decent gains.
does the Gt10z kit comes with tip silencer?
My one came with a bung, not sure if it comes with the exhaust when new or not. Well worth having though, with the bung in it almost sounds like the standard exhaust! But when you take it out 8) awsome
The gains were good too not just in power but weight! The standard system is HEAVY, but the kakimoto i could pick the backbox up with my little finger and the center pipe was just as light

Vindots

Advanced Member
thanks type_r6 for awesome comments about Gt1.0z mate, but would Toda beat the kakimoto or they are just the same in talking about 'performance'?..