Kakimoto Regu 06&R fitted

Rob R

Advanced Member
Well just got back from having my Regu 06&R fitted. Me being naive didn't think to check if it required any gaskets or anything so a homebrew has been fitted in the mean time, will have to try and source an original gasket kit for it.

Might try some new exhaust hangers as well as I want to try and pull it up a bit and centre it a bit more. BUT it's a hell of lot more quiter than my old GT1 OZ, almost OEM sound levels on idle, which my neighbours will apprecaite at 5 in the morning and I'm not sure if it's just a placebo effect but my car seems to FACKING rip now. Can still hear the ARC singing away when at full chat as well. Lovely jubbly, cup of tea.

Brakes were the other concern, my friendly mechanic said there's no way there's air in the lines as the pedal feels fine. To have a proper look I'll have to book it in for another time. I'm still wondering if I didn't bed them in long enough and have glazed the pads. If that is the case the sand paper will be coming out.

Just need to get the Toda header fitted now and have the French marvel map it. Got a couple of other bits I want to do first though like Innovative engine mounts and a diagnnosis on my clutch/gearbox agro. What clutches do people reccomend nowadays?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Looks lovely mate! I have one myself 8) They have the most amazing exhaust note in VTEC, no other exhaust in my opinion matches it for quietness at low rpm and noise in VTEC 8)

I think it sits the same as mine. They are tuned for performance and exhaust note.

Get some metal polish on it! 8)

http://www.reflecton.co.uk/regu.jpg

Rob R

Advanced Member
I KNEW you'd be all over this thread like butter over toast :xlol:

It was your youtube vids that made me want this exhaust, sounds absolutely rude.

Do you remember if there was a gasket between the backbox and the b pipe though when you bought yours?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Rob R said:
I KNEW you'd be all over this thread like butter over toast :xlol:

It was your youtube vids that made me want this exhaust, sounds absolutely rude.

Do you remember if there was a gasket between the backbox and the b pipe though when you bought yours?
Ha ha, you know me too well! :lol:

Yes there was gaskets, hang on......

This is what mine came with:

Rob R

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:

This is what mine came with
Top man, will try and source that fitting kit then. You running yours on standard header or have you got aftermarket? Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the Toda mani :green:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Rob R said:
PORTHOS said:

This is what mine came with
Top man, will try and source that fitting kit then. You running yours on standard header or have you got aftermarket? Can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the Toda mani :green:
Standard mine! Would like to hear what it sounds like on yours! get a clip up asap! :D

Grov

Banned
Good choice!

Im still waiting to do a clip with my old man, when we've got the time, mines just the catback, standard everything else.

I think it sits rather well, your not going to have much luck moving the b-pipe up, im afraid thats just how the exhaust is, is the same with OEM. You can't really do much with it, short of fixing a bracket to the b-pipe and welding/bolting it to the chassis.

Oh, also wrong section! ](*,)

Rob R

Advanced Member
Yeh my old Kaki sat the same, oem box was able to be manipulated on the rubbers a bit to make it sit more central.

Why's it the wrong section? I posted about my DC5 in "DC5 Type R Chat" to get people to chat about it.

Grov

Banned
Took mine to me mates garage last week to have a look at maybe raising it, but there doesn't seem to be many options, the b-pipe hardly moves/flexes as it is, and you can't mess with the cat, thinner rubbers would have no effect on the b-pipe.

Id be interested to hear if anyone has made there own bracket and fitted it, iam planning on getting my dad to have a look and make me one when it gets a bit warmer.

Exhaust section would be the correct one. 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
get a few miles done with it and that tail pipe will darken up lovely!

A very good choice of exhaust :xyes: :xyes:

wantadc5

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Looks lovely mate! I have one myself 8) They have the most amazing exhaust note in VTEC, no other exhaust in my opinion matches it for quietness at low rpm and noise in VTEC 8)

I think it sits the same as mine. They are tuned for performance and exhaust note.

Get some metal polish on it! 8)

http://www.reflecton.co.uk/regu.jpg
That's right Porthos youtube clip convinced me to get one too!!!

Awesome note in vtec.....

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
wantadc5 said:
That's right Porthos youtube clip convinced me to get one too!!!

Awesome note in vtec.....
:lol: Awesome 8)

Think I started the whole Matt Black Wheel revolution too! :lol:

NiCkO

Advanced Member
the vid that is on u tobe its that with or without a de-cat and manifold etc

NiCkO

Advanced Member
dose the oem mani have the cat in sorri if thats a nooob question? and then uv got an 06&R cat-back? sound awsume if u ask me

NiCkO

Advanced Member
so im guessing the video sound is with a lovly catalytic converter lol MOT frendly and sound cracking WIN WIN