Karma Imports to fit my new Spoon progressive springs

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Just got the failed DHL delivery note through my door today for the springs, so looking to head on over tomorrow morning, in the hope that I can get them fitted by Karma Imports in Bristol the same day. :roll:

Rang them in the week and they said it would be about 1.5 to 2 hours work and so cost between £67-90, which seemed ok to me. That seem about right...?

Think they said tracking would be part of the work. Anything in particular I should be paying any attention to?!

Evs

Advanced Member
To paraphrase you from Donny: 'nah I'm not really planning to mod it'. It's a slippery slope mate... :wink:

Price seems very fair to me - let us know how you get on with Karma, be nice to know what the local place is like.

gonzo

Advanced Member
Evs said:
To paraphrase you from Donny: 'nah I'm not really planning to mod it'. It's a slippery slope mate... :wink:

LMAO!!

Was gonna say the same thing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see your going for the springs, i will be after i've paid for Honda Euro Tour!! :lol: :lol:

gonzo

Advanced Member
truffs said:
well jealous of you there mate, wish i was coming :cry:

Will make you very jealous with Nurburg racing, go-karting, hockenheim, autobahms and amsterdamn!! :lol:

T666YPR

It started with a titanium gearknob...

...now springs...

...now there's no way back :xrockout:

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Evs said:

Price seems very fair to me - let us know how you get on with Karma, be nice to know what the local place is like.
Hmm.. I'll just put that down to me still being wet behind the ears with the car; think I'd only had it a few weeks! :oops: As I'd just moved from a much less powerful car, think the step-up in power was still working its way into bloodstream. Now I feel I have more of a grip of the car, I like to think I have a feel for what mods I am going to get something out of! :D

If I get a bonus at work this year, god help me!! :roll:

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Spent all Saturday morning ringing their number, then decided to just head on up to the depot and see if they were available. Arrived at 12:05.... they closed at 12:00..... :evil:

Going to pick them up today after work as the DHL depot is just up the road from Abbey Wood, and see if I can get them fitted on Friday when I have a day off work.

Having real troubles with my tyres at the moment, so think they might have to change before I really get benefit out of the springs! :(

They are the tyres that came with the car from Japan. Tyre make seems to be 'Aurora'...? Not heard of them myself. They got plenty of tread on them still, but the ride just seems to be deteriorating rapidly, and in the last few weeks seem to lose tyre pressure quickly. Keep pumping the fronts up to 33 psi and within a week they go back to around 28 psi, at which point the ride is unbearable!!

Unless I have managed to pick up two slow punctures (very unlikely I think!) I am losing air pressure somewhere. Apart from the valve, is it possible to lose air pressure through the sidewalls...?

Evs

Advanced Member
I suppose the tyres might be a bit porous. I've heard of wheels being a bit porous too but that seems unlikely for OEM Honda wheels. Not had either of these problems myself. My advice would be to bite the bullet and get some decent new rubber on there - you know it makes sense... :idea: :wink:

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Could also be that the wheels have corroded around where the tyre and the alloy meet, inside rim.